So, in talking with Hubbins, I found out that the oldest thinks we (Hubbins and I), as a couple are...weird.
It came up when Hubbins and I were watching Raymond followed by King of Queens. We laugh so hard and talk about just how weird those couples are. Especially the latter.
I keep threatening Hubbins that I will post some of the things he says...but then I forget.
Most recently though, I was the one to stick my foot in my mouth on accident. I find myself saying things without thinking. 'Cause, I mean...who has time to think?
Most recently though, I was the one to stick my foot in my mouth on accident. I find myself saying things without thinking. 'Cause, I mean...who has time to think?
Hubbins has been having problems eating certain foods because he's almost at the top of the hill they just don't agree with his delicate self. We think it's spicy and beef foods that don't agree but he LOVES meatball soup. I was trying to think of a way to make it more healthier for him. He does eat buffalo (ewww) and that is supposed to be way better than beef and it comes in steaks and ground as well.
So as I was getting him up and in his chair, I thought "I know!" and that's how far my thoughts went as I blurted out "How about Buffalo-Ball soup instead! What do you think?" Thinking I was a genius and having a huge smirk on my face. But you know how you can hear yourself after you've said something? Well, then I went into a giggle fit. I'm not even sure if Hubbins was amused because I was laughing so hard.
Upon questioning the oldest to see why she felt we were so weird and if it was justified, I figured out she was talking about the fact that Hubbins and I are ambitious and competitive. It's something we call Nerd Love. We both have to be right, which is sad for Hubbins because we all know I am always right. He's learning though.
When Hubbins does think I've done something incorrectly, he has this way of saying in a sing song voice "I love you Sweetie!" It goes back and forth until Hubbins realizes he was wrong. Yeah... that's what the oldest thinks is weird. But you know what? She'll learn too. Right?

2 comments:
Too funny!
Giggling at my computer!!
I'm pretty sure all kids think their parents are weird. Lord knows mine are.
But then, my husband and I are crazy too, so there you go!
~Jess
Post a Comment