Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Cakes

So my cake decorating class ended the Thursday before last.  Can't say I'll miss it...I didn't really feel like I got anything out of it that I couldn't get from the book...oh, except offended...the book wouldn't have done that but first the cakes! Then I'll tell you what offended me. 

I think you all saw my first cakes here. The pink and white is the one I did before the class started. The Love one is the one I did the second week of class.  Third week of class I did nothing much really. I made some clown cupcakes, oh the excitement! The last week of class I did this. 

Notice the cake pan and how it's smeared? I had the cake on top of all my cake decorating supplies in a rolling cart, when I went in the store the cart went over the track for the door and bounced my cake into the side of the cake holder. What fun!  I was able to fix it but it already wasn't a good day...sort of.  This one is a lemon cake with a buttercream frosting. 

Then I did this for the oldest's b-day: 
I was up all night making these for her class, which caused me to question something else about the school she attends. I needed to make 24 of these. I'm paying for a 13:1 class size ratio...wth?  The reason I was up all night making these? My hand mixer went up in smoke.  Literally. Smoke streamed from the vents on the front. Bummer.  I had to mix everything by hand.  These are chocolate cupcakes with a buttercream frosting. 


Here's her birthday cake. I blurred out her name. She wanted Purple. It's a chocolate cake with whipped icing.  It wouldn't be so bad if my arms weren't so weak and messed up. 

But because of the burnout...Hubbins purchased me this (so he said it was for me, but I hear it is 'ours' now. lol) 

Isn't she awesome? 
I'm in love...
All metal gears....this mixer is not for the weak...lol 

Uh hmm, Moving on... the following week I made this...It's supposed to be Princess Fiona...but well, she doesn't have the red  hair and you can only make a Princess dress pouf out...so, she's Princess somebody.


Don't laugh, it was my first shot at using fondant.  I didn't even have a chance to read the book. In fact, I still haven't.  It's on my to do list.  This was a classic white cake with buttercream frosting and fondant over it. 

Finally, for the last of birthday week, the Strawberry Shortcake cake. This one was strawberry of course with a buttercream frosting. 

I was surprised how easy it was to make.  Unfortunately with the bright colors and all, she was hard to photograph. 

On the last day of my cake decorating class, I had left class and went into the store to buy some more couplers and tips. When I came back in the instructor was bitching about what she was being "punished" for.  

At first, I just thought to myself, "waa, waa, waa"  because it was a lot of bull. Until I heard her say she was being punished for not being a minority.  Then it was on. Especially since I was the only non-white person in the class and I could tell from the tense silence in the room that people realized at that point that I had returned.  Even the instructor ended her rant there. 

Uh, yeah... I wanted to tell her that maybe she was being punished because she was stupid considering the sole fact that she is a woman makes her a minority as well. Dumbass.  I can't believe that there are still people out there that believe that affirmative action is the ONLY reason minorities get jobs.  Really. Whatever helps you sleep at night... 

Also,  I couldn't help but hear that she was being "punished" for HER choices.  Woman up...you made these choices...you had choices. Damn!  

And uh, NEWSFLASH!!!! EVERYBODY is having a hard time finding jobs and making ends meet.  Just because it crossed your path doesn't mean the world is out to get you.  Look around and be thankful.  You just sold a house and bought a house.  Should I judge you for it, nah? But c'mon...you were lucky to sell your house and you talk about having to move to a smaller house. I know for a fact where you bought your new house that no houses are smaller than 2000 sq ft AND you only have 2 kids still at home.  You aren't being punished too badly are you?  You're making money "teaching" cake decorating when the class basically teaches itself.  You are kept. I would shut up if I were you. 

And that, my friends was why I was offended. lol 


4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm sorry your teacher was so rude. I am shocked no one in the class said anything to her! They should have! Congrats on the mixer! Your cakes are beautiful - bot before and after the class.

Alyssa's Mom said...

I awarded you the Lemonade Award!

Lisa said...

She was so not cool.

But...your cakes are beautiful! I stink at cakes and decorating them.

Oh my stinking heck! My kitchen aid mixer is one of my most fav possessions. Seriously I would fight someone for it!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Your cakes are really cute. I love butter cream frosting mmmmmm. The princess is adorable! The teacher? Sounds like a dumbass. Useless twit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...