Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The first half...


Ok, so we weren't off to a good start this morning. I don't know if anyone out there has multiple children with RAD like I do...but hoo boy... CDQ has a touch of narcissm as well...and as soon as she saw any attention turning towards Poufy, she had to take it away.

It has to be all about CDQ good or bad or she's not happy. Somehow, her threatening Poufy ("Go ahead and talk over me and see what happens." ) not being ok when Poufy was trying to tell us CDQ was lying (which we already knew) was because Hubs and I don't like "them", we hate "them". Yeah...I'm still trying to connect those dots. So she had to spiral into a fake meltdown. I don't mind those that much because...well they are fake...so they aren't so bad. They never really end up going anywhere. It's just to switch the focus to her.

So, I tried to nip it in the bud. I tried to appeal to the ODD and told her if that's what it took for her to feel better about herself then it was ok for her to feel and think that right now even though it wasn't true...ok, maybe more passive aggressive than appealing to her ODD, but I will claim ignorance as I am still learning about it. lol

I called Poufy out and explained to her what CDQ was trying to do. Funny side: I heard Poufy on the intercom telling CDQ it didn't matter what she said because "it is MY birthday and YOU are NOT going to take it from ME." go girl! I asked her if she thought she deserved a b-day party. She told me she didn't know... I asked her for reasons why she thought she didn't deserve a birthday party...and to be honest... I should have documented this sooner because I've forgotten. lol I was more interested in why she thought she did deserve a birthday party. She told me that she thought she deserved a birthday party because yesterday and today she did tapping about behaving. I haven't done any tapping like that with them, but I guess she changed making good choices to behaving. I guess, if it works. lol She thought that was the only reason, which was sad to me. So I wrote her up a small list of some of the reasons why she deserved a birthday party.

Anyhow, I waited until CDQ was in the shower to give Poufy her Princess stuff. I didn't want CDQ being a snot and saying something mean because she's jealous. I wanted Poufy to have a moment if it was going to happen at all. Oh yeah, ignore what she's wearing, I was trying to find something that she could wear under the dress and still be comfortable.





So here are some takes from it. Most kids would rip into a gift but not her...you can see she doesn't trust. I thought it was funny that she liked the ballet shoes the most. I think you can also sense my hesitation...damn! I felt like I was ready to sprint off or something, you know like toss it to her and run! lol

I wish I would have recorded her when she ran off. She was on tiptoe holding the dress like the Princesses do. It made me cry. *blush*

I came to my room to tell Hubs what he missed (he's currently still stuck in bed for another hour.) and I heard her on the intercom. I rushed to record it because out of everything she got in that bag, she was reading my note to CDQ and I hope you can hear it because she is absolutely giddy and giggling over the note! I cried again. *burning blush*

I threw them all outside and I put a few streamers up in the kitchen. Nothing fancy, I decorated her chair with streamers too. Right now the house smells like a really good French Vanilla cake... I have to wrap her birthday gift still, but I think it's going to be ok.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I got it!!!!

I loved how her face lit up so huge! Loved hearing her doing the affirmations too!

Awesome!!!!

Brenda said...

LOVE that video. That's the look every mom is going for when she buys a gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...