Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still around...

Hopefully by Friday I will get to post.

One of Hubs pressure sores has turned and is infected, it's the big hard to get to one of course. We are trying to keep tabs on it and hopefully it will turn since they started him on antibiotics yesterday. I'm told I can expect to see a change within 48-72 hours if the antibiotics are working.

The other thing is Girl Scouts- cookies should have wrapped up for a little bit but I have a parent who thinks that a Saturday deadline means Monday after 10. Plus, I worked over a month with council to try and get my girls into ice skating classes and someone called me from council and told me something wrong, resulting in me showing up at council on the date that I was told only to be told I was given wrong information. No accountability and no apology. I was livid, so mad I cried in the damn parking lot. I have called the ice skating arena to see how much a similar offering would be outside of Girl Scouts but I just don't know... oh, and I've been checking the website non-stop because my girls are going camping this summer even if it ends up being in my backyard dammit! The website says the listings for camp will be up on January 26th and still nothing... so. pissed.

Which leads me to the first (of many things, I hope) that I will be doing for myself.

Although I love my little girl scouts dearly and they have taught me a ton in these short months... I am not going to be returning as a leader next year. My kids will become Juliettes and be Girl Scouts on their own, but between council not being able to get it together and parents who avoid me like the plague when it comes to dues or deadlines. I am done. I will miss the girls like crazy but well. I have to do this. I don't need anymore stress and instead of this being fun, it is additional stress.

Plus, the second big decision that also helped me make the first decision is that the oldest will not be returning to that school. Tuition went up and I just don't see the value in it. We will be homeschooling her next year and putting the money spent on tuition to better use.

So, like I said, hopefully I will be updating by Friday. With some more of the for me stuff. Thanks for all the support. I feel like a whiny spoiled brat when I lose it. lol




3 comments:

T with Honey said...

When other people make volunteering too much of a hassle then sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. I'm glad to hear the girls will still be participating as Juliettes.

Good for you!

Lisa said...

One person can only do so much and honey your plate is full.

Glad to hear from you!

Torina said...

I look forward to hearing what you are doing for you! :) As for the girl scouts, you did good and volunteering doesn't have to be a lifelong commitment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...