I uploaded this days ago, but since GS cookies are wrapping up, I've been super busy. This is just a little something I put together for Poufy. I will probably end up taking it down in a day or so because it has real names in it. But I decided I am going to try to make one of these for each of the kids so we can see growth over the years.
This birthday was eye opening to me. I mean I always mindlessly comment about things but it never really hit home or made sense. Comments like "they always try to sabotage something fun. Always" or Hubs at the table after Poufy blew out the candles... "How many birthdays have you had?" I shot him a look...then I said 2, she's had 2 birthdays with us, I think that might be it. (Yes, we had a loooong talk after the kids went to bed and I showed him this video that I made.)

I don't really have a picture of Poufy happy with her cake. The Wish was something huge to her, it worried her. I don't know what she wished for. I like the video though. I mean I see all those emotions on her face as she stares at the blown out candles. I thought of relighting them for her, but then I thought it would just reenforce in her mind that she did something wrong, but I like in the video how boy is blowing out candles with her. I think he is the only child who doesn't have birthday issues. He is the youngest though.
SS has the least amount of self esteem out of all the kids and CDQ attacks her...SS is also the only kid who has trouble learning. The other day she was so proud because she finished her report before CDQ and CDQ told her that "probably you only finished before me because you skipped pages or something." I was angry. Today at dinner she just started asking SS about her hair and what was wrong with it. There was nothing wrong with SS's hair but she told her it was knotted...it has "big knots" and of course her hair doesn't have knots. SS's hair is straight and lays flat in its style. She had no knots and in fact CDQ has the knots because her hair poufs out and isn't straight or curly.
It might not seem like much, but I am tired of hearing her put the other kids down and I'm tired of hearing how great and perfect she thinks she is. I realize that it's probably that she's actually feeling the opposite but it's hard to see through that sometimes because she's so awful about it.
All and all it went well. Unfortunately Poufy is making bad choices and can't seem to snap out of it. I think it has something to do with her and CDQ sharing a room. I don't think the birthday blues have passed for her.
All and all it went well. Unfortunately Poufy is making bad choices and can't seem to snap out of it. I think it has something to do with her and CDQ sharing a room. I don't think the birthday blues have passed for her.
Although CDQ is aware of her birthday coming up and that she acts out when it comes around, she still can't piece together that her acting out has started already with a month to go. I keep trying to tell her but she's in the mode where she's not going to hear me. It's unfortunate.
With that going on with both of them and them being in the same room...well, let's just say it hasn't been fun.


1 comment:
What a beautiful birthday princess!
Post a Comment