I have hope for this one. I think he will make it. You can see he has a good heart.
We were a little mean. We only gave him a card and told him it was his birthday present. It was a Kung Fu Panda card with stickers. All day long he eavesdropped on Hubs and I talking about Kung Fu Panda action figures and palaces, etc... He just knew he was getting something Kung Fu Panda. It was funny to see his face as he played with the card.
But in truth we had this waiting for him in the living room.
A BIG BOY BIKE! I tried to record him but it didn't turn out. He stood rooted to the spot in the entrance way from the kitchen to the living room.
"A bike?, A bike, a BIKE!" then he ran over to it and examined every inch of it exclaiming over everything about it. It was love at first sight. I wish it would have recorded right.
I let him out even though it was getting dark (damn daylight savings) and he rode up from the hill down towards our van. I thought he was going to crash into the van but instead he swerved and fell.
I told him to come inside, not wanting a trip to the ER. lol
It would have been perfect, except Poufy had to go and steal while the rest of us were having fun. Instead of coming with us, she stole from the kitchen. She even licked the frosting from the cake off the other kids plates. *sigh* I regret including her in the celebration. It's the only time we let our guard down. We've decided we will not include her anymore. It's not fair to the rest of the kids and since we've kept them separated from her we now see that she was the driving force behind all the turmoil and chaos. Who would've thought one kid could cause so much damage?
At any rate, I have to figure out a way to survive this. It hurt so much when I realized that hubs was signing "Dad" on the card. He wants kids badly. I guess it's easier for him because he's not blood related. The transition is easier; but it's a slippery slope for me between Aunt and Mother.

1 comment:
Oooooo I love normal days....
Post a Comment