Today I will spend my day putting my house back in order. It is a disaster. It has been for a couple of months. First I was packing, then I didn't think I needed to, then I thought I should, hence the storage and finally I just gave up the whole deal and spent my time running around like a madwoman looking for paperwork, etc...
It's supposedly not quite over, but in my mind it is over and I guess I've known it was over for a while. If you ever come across a mortgage company called America Home Key, run like hell and never look back. They are the true reason we lost everything. They will kiss your ass like crazy until they know you chose them and then they don't care anymore. Honestly, they said they could close in two weeks and that was in August. We are almost at the end of November.
Examples, the woman putting the paperwork together did nothing, let's call her DB for the sake of clarity and what her name should really be. We did all the legwork. We had to find a licensed inspector to do a foundation inspection. Which Hubs thought he did because the woman at the inspection place said she was. I heard it. We gave that number to AHK and the DB called and set it up. 280 some dollars later we come to find out that DB never double checked to make sure we were getting the right thing that they needed on their end. Who do you think should eat that? Sure, the company lied to Hubs about being licensed or maybe they didn't, maybe they just didn't have the right license. But who should have double checked that? I would think the person who is in the field (DB) and knows exactly what they need.
So we are at the signing and we contest that fee. We think AHK screwed up. We hear the title lady telling DB since she believes she (DB) was misled and she (DB) contacted the company and placed the order she (DB) should talk to them.
Here comes the threat... well it's an invoice that needs to be paid or else they can put a lien on their house. The poor title company lady said "Well, nobody wants that."
After we cancelled everything we get a call from an AHK "partner" letting us know that the guy who signed us up was in the hospital having surgery...blah blah blah. He wanted to know what went wrong and why we cancelled but he made sure to drop that little tidbit about not wanting to have our house auctioned off for back taxes.
Uh...let me just take a moment to say "Fuck you sir."
I feel really bad and sorry for people who are losing their houses and the way people must treat them. We have been treated like we are at the brink of losing everything by idiots who have no clue. We are fine. We aren't about to be foreclosed on, we don't have creditors chasing after us, and we are not even late on any payments for anything. But they tried to threaten us. Well, wait, I take that back.
One good thing that came out of this is that we found out our taxes weren't being paid with the mortgage like we thought they were. So we are behind on taxes and they tried to use that to threaten us and intimidate us into signing their bad loan. I ain't worried about it.
I'm just going to call the nice people out there in property tax land and see what I can do about it. They were really nice when they told me I was an idiot and that I should have been opening the notices I was getting every year. ( I am an idiot, I opened the first one and thought it was all good and any ones like it, I never opened, just put them aside thinking it was better that way so they would be all together.) At any rate, I don't think our house will be auctioned off or anything, our taxes aren't that bad, even three years later. *blush* It will take a good chunk of our money, no doubt, but I already did our Christmas shopping a month ago-- yep, sure did!
I guess I should start on getting my act together for Thanksgiving. I have the turkey and the pumpkin for the pies...
It's not bad... It could be worse,we could be in trouble. We could be losing everything, not just our sanity.

2 comments:
Hrm... everything or sanity...Let me weigh those two.
I think I've already lost one of the two..
I'm sorry about the house, but you don't want to be married to a bad loan!
Wow snakes in the grass. I am glad you are spared of them. So sorry for the stress and difficulties they caused you.
Post a Comment