Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Lisa. So here it goes...

The Rules are:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules. (check)
2. Share seven random or weird facts about yourself. (check)
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post with their links. (uh oh...7)
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven random/weird things...

1.) I'm addicted to Sonic Cherry slushes WITH whole cherries. I have been known to send it back for more cherries...if I can see them put them in. lol

For the record, my slush from yesterday had 14 cherries in it. *sigh* I *heart* happy hour.

2.) Speaking of Happy Hour, I've never drank any kind of alcohol in my whole life by my own personal choice I made when I was young.

3.) I have no family, except for 1 sister that I keep in touch with. But it doesn't seem like a sister thing...more of a friend thing.

4.) I think I have RAD. Relationships are something that I am not good at. I don't like to be around people. I don't even like to drive by the crossing guard in the morning when I drop off my oldest at school... because he's going to wave and smile at me and expect me to do the same. (weird, indeed!)

5.) I don't use my real voice. My real voice is really soft and low. I got tired of being ignored so I started projecting it and now when I talk, I talk from my stomach up. Like pushing my voice out. Weird, I know...

6.) I got married in my church wearing jeans and a veil. I had been postponing our wedding date forever (hey, I was proud that I was even looking for an actual day. I never got that far in my other engagements.) I told myself I was setting the date and it was a done deal, no exceptions.

Well, shit. Turns out 4 of my kids were having their baptismals a week before. I had no money back then and I had to make 3 of the girls dresses. Did I mention, I had never sewn anything in my life before? Well, I got their dresses done in time AND I still had to work on mine.

The night before my wedding I was working on the last piece of my dress, the zipper, it would not sew on right to save my life. I tried all night and I cried all night. I had worked on it all week. What made me cry was the spiders. I had finally found respite for the kids and was able to work on the dress that night after I dropped them off. I picked up my dress and set it on my lap with the zipper and started to get to work. This big thin spider (a daddy long legs maybe?) crawled out from inside and came out with like a dozen babies trailing behind it. I freaked!

I jumped and apparently they bit me because the rest of the night I had the chills and I felt like I was burning up.

Hence, just leaving and going straight to the church in the clothes I was wearing. When I got home I crashed on the couch only to discover while I was sleeping my cat (Purries) thought she needed to rip my veil to shreds. Lovely, no?

Good thing I am not superstitious.

7.) I love my Hubs madly and deeply but he doesn't even know it probably. I won't show it. He hurt me really bad in the beginning of our relationship and I started distancing myself and then he almost died and I cut myself off. I try to let my wall down but it's just so hard. Which is one of the reasons for # 4.

Ok, so, seven people might be tricky for me. Especially since I looked in my google reader thing and see a bunch of tagged posts. lol

1.) I tag Kether this one should be easy for her. LOL
2.) Do cats count?

I'm telling you, I do read blogs. I have 41 feeds that I am moving from bloglines to google reader... but I just started commenting... Is it rude to tag people you stalk lurk?

How about this... I tag you! I'll even change the rules a little (yes, I do think I am that special that I can just start changing the rules. )

Just leave your strangeness in the comments.

How's that? That way I can tag Hubs too!

You're it!

3 comments:

Torina said...

I like spiders. Which is weird in itself...but fish scare the hell out of me. I tried snorkelling once but I started hyperventilating so bad after I saw my first fish that my husband had to swim me into shore so I wouldn't drown.

Brenda said...

My fear is snakes. Really really HATE snakes.

Anonymous said...

7 Random or Weird Things About Me

1. I was a poster child for a spinal cord injury charity that funded research way back when I was young.
2. My wife got me reading children's and young adult's books, and I found that a lot of them are really good. I never thought I'd like the Harry Potter series.
3. Ever since I was a kid, I've changed the names of things, like “Toxic Hell.” I started even before things like Wacky Packages and other parodies, and before it became commonplace. Sasha hates it when I do this.
4. If I wasn't put in a wheelchair, I probably wouldn't have lived to be 18. I was an adventurous (dangerous) kid. I grew up in rural areas, for the most part, and was constantly on the go. Before I was 10, I had knocked out some teeth, almost drowned, had broken bones, had stitches from a rock to the head, electricuted myself (at age 3), had an arrow hit me in the eyebrow, had a very close encounter with a jellifish, had several close encounters with rattlesnakes, and much, much more. That doesn't include things like illnesses.
5. I'm a magnet for weird and freaky people. At a church a freaky old lady came up and put a death grip on my hand causingsevere spasms. I couldn't get her to let go. I got Sasha's attention and she had to twist her hand off me. About a month ago, we were at the hospital getting tests done on Poufy. I was waiting by the elevator with the boy and this really tall middle aged woman walked up and kissed the top of my head before I could even react.
6. I like math.
7. I'm the loving husband of the most incredible woman in the world, Sasha!

Hubs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...