Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I will finish this post...

I started a post last week, by the way as I am writing this one I am homeschooling...shhhh., but the amount of stuff that has happened has kept me from actually posting one.

Things are changing so quickly that my posts aren't even accurate as I type them. However, since it's Saturday and everything seems to be at a standstill, I'm pretty sure I can get through this one.

1.) New House- Last week our realtor found us a house. It's THE house. I saw it the same day she sent it to us. Hubs and the kids saw it the next day and I signed an offer. Short story we were counteroffered, we counteroffered and it's basically ours. The offer was accepted. It's two stories but the master bedroom is downstairs. No elevator needed AND Hubs gets his own office and I get my own office DOWNSTAIRS. The kids all get their own rooms upstairs.

2.) Old House- hit two huge snags. The need for a new finance company and some deactivation of title information. A new finance company sounds like it's going to be a setback and has me stressed. This other one has been worthless. We are looking for a local one now through the guy who did our home appraisal which is also the guy who gave us the heads up that something isn't right. Potentially this house could still close within a week providing we get our paperwork together quickly and the deactivation can be squared away quickly. The deactivation doohickey could possibly end up being costly which is another stressor because apparently the first people who owned this home were foreclosed upon and never passed on the title. We need to count on some state people to find it through warranty deeds that I should be getting from our title company Monday morning (knock on wood). If they find that everything is in order and just didn't get passed on we can get copies of that and move along. Pllllease.

3.) Kids- the social worker never called, why I thought they would is just a testament to my naivety and stupidity. They washed their hands from this a lllllllong time ago.

The door alarms and kid monitors are working wonders for 3 of them (the oldest is doing fine not a problem) Poufy is the one giving me problems. I'm listening to her bitch and moan on the monitor because she has no control of anything.

I almost cried at the new house when I took the kids through the house. It's the first time I've seen them really excited about a house. There are a bazillion kids in the neighborhood and the school is behind the house across the intersection, well-- basically diagonal from the house. We can see it from the balcony.

They were all standing in one of the front bedrooms side by side in awe of the house, they looked so small. They were looking out the side window to the rock landscaping below at the side of the house and they were just so excited about being able to see the rock path down below. It was just so sad to me. I want to give them this. But I want them to appreciate it and take care of it. I'm hoping despite RAD that they learn some good things from the kids on the block, basic things. Like peeing in your room is NOT cool.

They WANT this. I can tell. Will it make a difference? I don't know.

Thanks for the advice. Torina, I will e-mail you. I just gotta run now. The kids are all finishing up at the same time and I need to get dinner started.





3 comments:

Torina said...

Yay! I hope it works out with the new house and your financing. I am glad the door alarms are helping. They saved my sanity as well. Hang in there. You are not alone, even if the rest of us just live in your computer :)

Brenda said...

I hope before you know it you are done with the old house and living in the new.

Kether said...

This post made ms so happy.
I'm so thankful that THE HOUSE showed up.
and sounds like things are gettingbetter..
You've been in my prayers..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...