Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Nine is Fine

SS wanted cupcakes for her birthday celebration at home and these are enormous ones from Costco. They were like individual mini cakes. I heart Costco soooo much!

Being 9 is so exciting. Can't you see the excitement on her face? Presents! Presents! Presents!

And presents there were. You might remember that post about the Dora Vanity? Well, I didn't want it to go to waste so I decided to give it to this child. I see I did something right. lol
Can you see the sheer joy of receiving a Strawberry Shortcake styling head (or some such thing)? And we can't forget the beautiful Tutu that she received from TKW over at The Decorated Duckling can we? She felt like such a princess. (Those beautiful Tutus will be a separate post, because CDQ got one too and they are so beautiful!)
I am so amazed by this kid, I was so afraid that we might have lost her when she was first placed here. She never showed emotion, she hardly spoke. We had no idea who she was and if she was even really still there. She seemed like such a shell of a child. She had been through and seen so much.

I remember meeting her when she was about 2 years old. She would run into my room while I worked on the computer and she would stand there with her hand upturned and say "why?" when I would respond "why what?" she would ask a question and I would answer her and she would say "why?" again. It seemed like she wasn't even interested in the answer. She just wanted to say "why?". lol

Her progress over the last three months has been amazing. She's a sassy and silly girl with a big heart. Her smile lights up her face and shows her true beauty inside and out. She is such a hard worker and she cares so deeply about so many things.

Her naivety cracks us all up on a daily basis. I worry about it but I figure as long as she feels comfortable in front of us to make her mistakes maybe we can work on bringing her up to speed.

Happy Ninth Birthday!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Happy birthday Baby. You understand her so well.You have a heart for her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...