Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

She doesn't speak for me either

Hate against what she fears and what she doesn't and can't really know unless she walks in those shoes. When will it end?

Thanks Christine for making me more aware.

Listen to this...I dare you.

8 comments:

Amrita said...

I don 't know who this lady is and all the politics behind it. But I am against homosexuality and consider it a sin.

Reighnie said...

Amrita,

I am Catholic and it is against my religion but I do not believe that *I* am the person to cast judgment on whether it is a sin or not.

I've been very close friends with many gay people. It is not a choice. Some people take the minority of confused people who dabble in such things and apply it to the whole. This is not the case.

For me, I don't think it's something a person can be "for" or "against". To me, it's like saying I am against a certain race or gender. It doesn't make sense to be against something that can't be helped.

That's just my personal take on it.

This woman in the video, she is teaching fear and hate. The things she says can easily be changed. Right now she says "gay" but change the words to "Jew" or "Christian" or even "Son of God" and it still boils down to hate.

Amrita said...

Dear Sasha,
I didn 't mean to offend you or any gay person.I don 't call it a sin...God does in His word.

But I don 't hate them, I just want them to be saved.

Hatred toward any kind of people is wrong

Reighnie said...

Amrita,

You did not offend me at all. I was just sharing my personal opinion about it.

I don't believe that God called it a sin either though.

I think it's all in the interpretation.

Either way...no worries, I'm not offended and I'm sorry if you thought so. I just see this as two intelligent women sharing their views peacefully. *smile*

Amrita said...

God bless you Sasha. Ots good to share our feelings in a frank way and learn from each other.
Love,
Amrita

Anonymous said...

I agree with every word that woman said. She is brave to have shared it and God bless her.

The truth of the Scriptures is that homosexuality is a sin and the world hates truth. Look around, it's easy to see that. God loves the homosexual sinner, though, and wishes to free him or her from their bondage, just like He loves and wants to free the thief, the liar and the better than thou church lady.

Hannah-posting without a link to protect my family blog from flames.

Reighnie said...

Well I agree with you that God should bless her and I pray for God to bless you as well. But hate is not the answer.

We are not here to judge each other. God is the ultimate judge. We are here to love and support each other and to lead OUR lives in a God like manner.

We can only control ourselves and what we do. Homosexuality is not for me but who am I to judge another?

To me, hate is worse than other things because ultimately it destroys the person who hates.

If homosexuality is wrong,that is for God to deal with, not us.

As far as flaming goes, I don't think anyone who visits my blog would bother. We are adults.

May God Bless You :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll keep this short... for now. I challenge anybody here to show me where the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin. It's not in there. I already know what references you're going to try to use. But, my challenge still stands.

As for a "homosexual agenda," somebody please define that for me. Is it a fight for equal protection and rights? Is it the fight for the right to marry? Is it the desire to be accepted and not persecuted? These sound like civil rights issues to me. In fact, aside from marriage, these sound exactly like the women's sufferage movement or the civil rights movement for "people of color." Please, if you can, cite specific, credible examples of a "homosexual agenda" or "homosexual indoctrination" being "taught to/perpetrated on" our children in public schools. I have five children in public schools. Because of their background, we are very aware of what goes on at school and what is taught. There is no "homosexual agenda" being taught here in NM. Before I was married and had my own children, I helped out my nieces and nephews in school. Again, no "homosexual agenda" being taught in CA either.

Finally, before I get attacked as anti-Christian or being gay or whatever, I am a happily married, practicing Catholic with five (soon to be) adopted children. I am being civil, so no flames please.

Hubs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...