Poor Ava, apparently she fell on the ice a couple of weeks ago when it was icy outside. This caused an abscess that none of us saw until she chewed it open. I thought it was a simple cut that she had been nursing, so I cleaned it up and left her alone only to find the next morning she had pulled all the hair off and had busted a hole through her skin that was draining. Of course all this on Sunday before Christmas Eve.
We've nursed her back with antibiotics and pain reliever, changing her bandages twice a day. It looks good. We are letting it heal out in the open now. Poor girl hates the collar but she wouldn't leave it alone.
I thought we were going to lose her. We lost Kelsey a few days before Christmas a few years ago. It's so sad and heartbreaking. I am so grateful that Ava is going to be ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment