I have so many things to talk about.
My visit to the yoga center that helped eliminate my worst pain that I've had for over a year, in under an hour. No.shit. (sorry about the language but it's THAT incredible.)
The Free Bryan Post seminar- one word...awesome!
But instead I am going to talk about my near mini break down in the boys underwear aisle in a certain store thats open 24 hours.
Tonight was the start of our tax free holiday weekend. For the first time ever, I decided to go in the middle of the night because it is a zoo during the day. So at midnight my mom and I headed over.
This is when I stock up on school supplies and buy the kids their new clothes. Socks, undies, bras, jeans, shoes. You name it.
So. I'm in the boys sock and underwear aisle and I'm looking through all the spidey, sponge bob, nemo, toy story, transformers underwear when I realize I can't find a size 10. The boy has been wearing an 8 and I wanted to buy the next size up. So I flip a package over and freeze.
It says they only go up to size 8.
Now, I'm hoping flo is coming for a visit or something because I got sentimental. Yep. Over the boys undies. He was 4 when he was placed with us and for some reason that I hadn't realized before, I was very careful about the underwear I chose for him. It was like something special because I was able to combine something he needed with something he liked and I had suspicions that the underwear were a BIG deal to him.
Ok, quick story...I know the underwear were a big deal to him because he had bragged about them and how the other kids were going to think they were cool and we had a conversation about under clothes being, well you know, under. He had wanted to take them for show and tell to preschool. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I let him or not. lol!
Anyway, as I stood there devastated, I started to think about how much he's grown and how stupid his egg donor is for not caring enough to make sure he was safe and taken care of and all the stuff she's missed/missing out on and I started to get teary eyed.
Yeesh. I know.
Weird-O! right?
I grabbed a package of size 8 Transformers underwear for old times sake and then I grabbed a package of the medium plain white underwear.
Yet another milestone in our home. No more little ones... a bittersweet day it is...

1 comment:
Time fly's so fast as the inches gained bring them year by year into adolescence.
Post a Comment