Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What I have been up to...

Last week went like this... Wednesday, visit to the local Fire Station for a tour, Friday- trash pickup and talk about Global Warming before heading out to the movies to see "earth" in honor of Earth day. Saturday and Sunday, sleepover where all three levels were trying to earn a combined total of 20 some odd patches.  We had a thunderstorm, which took out the power and changed the majority of the outdoor plans I had for the patches...we had a pizza mix up which ended with half the pizza not ever making it to our house and we he a couple of other set backs. But all in all, it went well. 

The night of the sleepover, I had possibly my worst arthritis flare ever. My foot could not have any pressure on it, not my slipper, not even a sock. I couldn't walk. Thankfully, everything had wound down by the time it got to that point, but I was worried and scared because I wasn't able to get Hubbins to bed until around 3 am because I couldn't walk or move. I had to take an aspirin, 2 aleves and put heat on it, just to get it down to a dull pain so I could move. I've never seen my top of my foot and my ankle so big. Plus, apparently it was turning in sideways. I hadn't seen it, but when I tried to test it to step down on it and see if I could, I realized it was pulling to a straight position. I was in so much pain and didn't take a pic of it, but I do have a picture of my finger from the other day. I will upload it when I download the pics off the camera.

For now, I have to prepare for tomorrow's community service project meeting and then after that the Day Camp on Saturday. 

I'm almost done. We have a police station tour on Monday, scrapbooking meeting next Wednesday and then our ceremony and we are done for they year. Well, I will be done as a leader too because I won't be returning.  I will miss the girls but it will be great to be rid of all the rest of the bs. 

I am also slowly making the rounds in the blogosphere. I am behind on my reading and even more behind on my commenting, since I have read more and thought to myself, I need to leave a comment but haven't gone back to say what I wanted to yet.  Make sense? lol

I still have posts of things I want to share with y'all but need the time to post it.  After May 21st I will be free! 

1 comment:

Kether said...

I hope you're feeling better.
You're an amazing gs leader.

someday if you're on FB when I'm on I'd like to chat. I have so much to say about life here recently that I feel uncomfortable saying any other way. I know that's weird. But...anyway...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...