Hubs: MS Office?
Me: no.
Hubs: Your USB?
Me: no. It's huge!
Hubs: The dishwasher? (note: yep, they broke that too and that's not even a year old either.)
Me: NO. Bigger than that.
Hubs: The back door.
Me: Geez. Thaaaaanks!
Hubs: Well, there's a lot of stuff broken.
*silence*
ARGH!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Anyway, a wire stripper, some electrical screw thingies and a massive amount of electrical tape, plus kitty supervision and the freezer is back to running. I used the concept of ceiling fan installations to figure out how to seal the connection with the wires. Sure, I'm nervous I'll burn the house down. That's why I wrapped it good and tight with a gazillion layers of professional grade electrical tape.
I also rerouted the cord so that it isn't bent over a sharp piece of metal

and actually comes out of the side I think it was intended to come out of.

It is now getting icy cold as I type.
Anyway, a wire stripper, some electrical screw thingies and a massive amount of electrical tape, plus kitty supervision and the freezer is back to running. I used the concept of ceiling fan installations to figure out how to seal the connection with the wires. Sure, I'm nervous I'll burn the house down. That's why I wrapped it good and tight with a gazillion layers of professional grade electrical tape.
and actually comes out of the side I think it was intended to come out of.
It is now getting icy cold as I type.


2 comments:
You.Amaze.Me.
Cool. Nice job MacGyver.
Post a Comment