So, I know it's been a while since my babysitting post. I haven't posted about that because I've been dealing with the aftermath of bringing a babysitter in.
I know that sounds like it's been bad...but actually it wasn't. If I had thought of it sooner, it would have been practically non-existent.
The babysitter was great. She only had to talk to the boy once. But of course I think we all knew they were going to be perfect right? We had hired the babysitter for 3 hours, thinking an hour before the appointment and an hour after, the appointment was only supposed to last 30 minutes. Hubbins and I had thought we could squeeze dinner in after, but unfortunately the office was backed up and even though our appointment was at 4 pm we weren't seen until 5 pm, which made us late getting back. Luckily she could stay and it was all ok. When we got home all were in good spirits and we had a great dinner. It was a perfect day.
Of course, the next morning CDQ and (by default practically since they are in the same room) Poufy were trying to give us a hard time. Saturday, I just decided to nip it in the bud. I simply yelled to all in the house "Just because you had a babysitter come in doesn't mean you have to act all RAD and think all the rules go out the window. You don't have RAD so you don't have that problem." Poof...it all stopped. This after constantly nagging telling them to cut it out already. Just like that...stopped...I mean like completely. Weird huh? I'm not going to question it, I'm just going to roll with it. In fact, I am fully prepared for the next behavioral issue...whatever it be, I'm going to just announce that Just because A doesn't mean B...because RAD doesn't exist. (Sounds like I am typing this more for myself. lol)
That may end up being this Thursday considering the fact that Hubbins and I are almost sure we will be going to see Harry Potter on Wednesday. Our first official all by ourselves date in over a year...in fact, we had figured out it had been over a year since we had been just us by ourselves sans kids. Crazy huh?

2 comments:
Yahoo! Glad it went well and that you can do it again!
Glad the babysitter wasn't tied up and held for ransom. Or something.
You and your DH are going to really enjoy Harry Potter. My DH and I went to see it and he was really into it, despite the fact that he has neither read the books nor seen any of the previous films.
Post a Comment