Then tonight, I hear CDQ asking to empty her bucket. I'm peeved about it because why in the hell do they just not go to the toilet? That room is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the bathroom. So, I go to ask yet again, why they can't just go in the toilet. But I find CDQ huddled in the corner behind a dresser with the bucket and Poufy sitting with her cover on watching.
I didn't know that CDQ had the bucket. I thought maybe she had stolen something and was hiding/hoarding it.
I asked her what it was. She said nothing, then Poufy said CDQ put water in the bucket to drink it.
I couldn't speak.
CDQ started accusing Poufy of "making" her do it. But I don't think Poufy was into doing that from the look on her face when I entered the room. In fact I can safely say that tonight it was NOT Poufy's plan to do that.
When I was finally able to regain my speech, I told CDQ I knew she was lying so she just confirmed it with the fake crying and starting to go into meltdown mode. She told me the boy and SS were doing it too. I basically raced across to the other room and asked them where they denied it with the appropriate amount of disgust.
Thank God.
They told me that CDQ had done it yesterday.
I'm surprised she's not sick. I'm at a loss. We tried giving them water bottles in their rooms so they could have water whenever they needed or wanted, but that backfired. They used it as a means to use the restroom everywhere in their rooms and to be out stealing. So then we let them have it only during the day in their rooms, taking them away an hour before bedtime. But I caught one of the kids squirting the water from the water bottle up into her private and the others seem to think it was there so they can have water fights or to soak the carpet, pillow, mattress, etc... So we took water bottles away from them and keep them on the table allowing them to get a drink every hour or when ever they ask. We just supervise them to make sure they aren't stealing. Which is the same thing with the bathroom, but they say they don't have to go because they've been using the buckets.
I don't know what to do. I've been busy preparing for the Girl Scout ceremony, not feeling so great and my husband has been having health issues so we slipped up some this week. I guess it wouldn't have happened if I had been there quicker. I can only think that the bucket did not need to be emptied and that's how she was able to fill it and return it so quickly. Hubs told her she could empty it, I was turning off the iron and I was already half way down the hall when I heard her calling through the intercom if she could come hug hubs goodnight. That must have been a cover up and I thought it was odd and remarked about it as I passed Hubs on the way to their room.
I've thought about telling them I want them to use the buckets and see if the ODD will kick in and they won't want to use it anymore. I'm afraid of what I am going to find in their room tomorrow.
The other thing, Poufy was doing great. So great, I mentioned to Hubs not Poufy that I thought maybe we should put her in Girl Scouts again. I think this triggered her to regress. I don't understand it because she WANTS this. So, I'm trying to figure out do I just put her in it and see how it goes or by her doing this does it mean she's not ready to go back to Girl Scouts?
I just don't know what to do or what I did wrong or anything anymore I guess.
I did explain to all of them like they were 2 and maybe didn't know that it was not an appropriate thing to do. Using the bucket or drinking from it. I told them it was for strict emergencies (maybe that was my mistake?). I told them they could get really sick and die from drinking that stuff. Which I've explained to them when they contaminated the dogs water like two weeks ago. I told them it was the same thing. NO one should drink or eat that.
Help... please. Advice? I'm trying to understand but finding it VERY hard.

9 comments:
So, let me get this straight...she was drinking pee?? Or filling it with water and drinking out of it? Either way it is nasty so I guess it doesn't matter much. OK. Deep breaths. Go throw up in the backyard. Now use some mouthwash. Take a shower. Now do you feel better? No? OK. It will take a long time to get over it. The first time I caught Tara doing nasty stuff with her pee and poop I heaved. Literally. Oh my holy hell.
Too nasty for words.
First, control your reaction. Try not to throw up in front of them or they will do it all the time. Trust me :)
Second, okay, you are going to think I am crazy, but only crazy works in these situations. Since they like drinking pee, just keep stuff that looks like pee in your refrigerator for them to drink. Revel in it. Feed them peas with everything (I think Lisa may have mentioned this). Yet, be careful not to have TOO much fun ;) You could whine a little bit like they are MAKING you do this. If you have a good relationship with the Oldest, you could let her in on the gig and she could get into it, too.
If you can't beat em (not literally of course), join em...in your own little way.
Yup. Everything Torina said. She nailed it. Maybe add some poop colored stuff too. Make the kitty litter cake perhaps. (That thing is absolutely disgusting.)
I'm so sorry but yes...our kids do gross things and if they see you get upset over it they will do it more and more and more. And that sucks. I haven't heaved yet but I'm the person who rolls around on the floor dying trying not to heave. And I have done a lot of that.
She wasn't drinking pee but she was putting water in it and drinking from it. *gag*
Honestly, I couldn't control my reaction. I'm not even sure if it was a reaction.
I mean --have you ever had one of those "out of body" experiences?
By that, you feel like you are not there even though your logical mind knows you are standing there. Perhaps even open mouthed...gawking and speechless.
I'd say that was my reaction. Oh and I've read about the "reeling mind"...but now I've felt what it is to have your mind reeling.
Kitty litter cake?
Don't you guys ever worry about what doctors or other people would think of this stuff? I'm constantly worried about it. Of course, I am partially related to the kids mother and it ALWAYS seemed like they were just waiting for me to mess up. I have that over my head when things like this happen and that's when I start thinking it would be better to have someone else take them in because obviously if they are drinking from a "shit bucket" how great a mom can I be? You know?
Oh yes. We have a great attachment therapist that helps us come with crazy stuff. Basically, we let a LOT of stuff go. But when it comes to staying healthy and not, say sticking your finger in poop and licking it like it is chocolate, you have to get a little creative. If anyone questions you, question them back. Ask what they would do. 99% of the time they won't have a frickin clue.
We don't do anything harmful or scary. We won't use holding therapy or induce rages or any of that scary shit in our house. But some people claim that it works.
I should add that we have to do a lot of educating about staying clean with my kids. I take books out of the library about washing hands, getting rid of germs, how people get sick. Kids books. I also had to teach Tara how to properly wipe, wash her hands, take a shower, etc. One assumes that people learn this stuff on their own, but they really don't.
Your daughter may just have no idea how nasty it is what she did. We call germs like what she was ingesting "poop germs". Actually, we call just about everything poop germs. Since you are homeschooling, maybe you could have a sanitation education day :)
This way you don't have to get all crazy first. I just jump to crazy because Tara understands how to be clean but thinks it is too much compliance to do so. Sorry I jumped the gun on this one :) Good luck!!!
Have you thought about coming up with something special to do that is for the people old enough to use the toilet? Maybe a video popcorn night or something. If you end up watching them by yourself than so be it. You deserve it!
Sorry...I didn't come back and read comments.
Here is the link to kitty litter cake:
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=17836&category_id=109
It has to be the most disgusting thing ever. But hey it might work.
Brenda- I've tried movie nights with snacks and they don't care.
Lisa- that cake is disgusting. lol
I thought the Peas idea was cool but I'm afraid my kids will think it is cool too and continue to pee on the floor to "grow" some more.
I removed the bucket from their room and yesterday CDQ told Hubs that Poufy pee'd in the room because it stinks. Which probably means CDQ pee'd in the room and not Poufy.
Sasha,
Bear Grylls from Man vs Wild on Discovery channel drinks his own urine all the time :)
I know. Not helpful. But he is so hot and yet...drinks his own pee.
LOL! Hot and drinks his own pee in the same sentence!
I don't know who that guy is, but I thought you could die from ingesting urine or feces? I know urine can be sterilized...
Post a Comment