We were supposed to go to the Balloon Fiesta this morning. But the alarm died. We woke up at 7 am. We were supposed to be there at 5:45 am.
I glanced out the window to see if I could see the balloons in the air. But instead I saw my tree in the street. It had been yanked from the roots. Thrashed and smashed on the wood we had placed for our fence and thrown to die in the street.

This tree was planted in a little ceremony in front of our house in remembrance of the kid's little sister. In remembrance of my niece whose life was taken too soon. We called it "her name" tree and it was greener and more alive than any other in my yard. No exaggeration. We marveled over HER tree.
Why these people did this? I don't know. For a laugh? Because I told their multiple dogs to get off my property? Because I needed to use the street to get home and I interrupted their football game? Or maybe because I politely asked that their children not hit, punch or pull my kid's hair... who knows?
I was angry at first. I didn't know how I was going to explain it to the kids as I stood out there waiting for the police to come. I told the officer of the previous vandalism and this time I had a vandalized community mailbox to report as well. Gang letters? Whatever.
I stood out there and I proclaimed that I am NOT afraid. What can they do? Kill me. Go for it. Put me out of my misery. I am NOT afraid. When all is said and done. I know the life I led and I can proudly claim it. I know where I am going. Can the same be said for them?
In the meantime, I hope these images some how burn into their mind.


They tried to make this innocent child a victim once again. They tried to make my nieces and my nephew-- now MY KIDS victims again.But no more. Joke is on you... you lose. The tree will be replanted and the fence will go up. All you get is this...
So rotate...
1 comment:
I'm so very sorry.
I haven't gotten through all your archives yet so I don't know her story, but my heart breaks for ya'll.
Post a Comment