Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Forgive me...

I keep forgetting to take pics of the girl's room when they are awake!

Actually in all fairness, if they are awake, they are either doing chores or homeschool at this point in the game. Which means that I am there with them telling them/showing them how to do something or another.

I need to pull out my camera too. Have it handy so I'll remember. So many things I could be taking pictures of... like, out here in NM it is green chili season. When you walk outside or go anywhere the smell of green chili's roasting is in the air. It smells so good. We bought two 30 pound bags of medium hot this year (mild was already sold out) and my mom bought one bag of medium hot and one of hot. Peeling the chili is a lot of work but we separate it out into bags and freeze it, that way we have chili year round. It is so yummy. The chili this year is HOT HOT HOT!

I still have no word from the treatment center about CDQ, so I will just leave it at that.

I'm gearing up for some big changes next week. I'm starting to feel a little intimidated and that little voice inside of me keeps saying "Who in the hell do you think you are?" I just push it out of my mind. The old me wouldn't even think twice about what I am about to do- the voice would still be there... but the new me is worried about pain and flare ups and fibro fog and just plain fatigue.

You see, I applied to acupuncture school to become a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and I was accepted!

It's a three year accelerated program. I start the day after labor day and it will be intense.  Because it's an accelerated program my schedule will consist of around 24 credits/units a semester, plus clinic every week. to add to the matter, they've made an exception for me and are allowing me to take some classes at the community college concurrently. So I will be taking 11 units at the community college a few nights a week and on Saturdays- Anatomy and Physiology and lab, Biology for Health Science and lab, and Medical Terminology. After the three years are done, I will do another three years as a resident.

I will still continue to homeschool the kids and take care of Hubbins. I wish I could say my mother has been a big help, but I can't. I've really tried not to blog about all that but the reality is I didn't make things any better by moving her here to "help".

I'm trying to focus on the positives, I will be able to put my money where my mouth is. Only the oldest has seen me at work while I was earning my undergraduate degrees. My other kids only hear me tell them about what it will be like for them in college. Now I can SHOW them what it will be like and if I can do it with all these obstacles they most certainly can do it too.

I know when I was raising my step-sister's kids, we all sat around the kitchen table and did our homework together. I really thought they would make it to college. I thought I had instilled in them enough to make them want more, but I didn't have a long enough span of time with them to make it happen. They succumbed to toxic family cycles. :-(  They were much younger than my children. I really have to step it up so my kids will know that anything is possible.

I find they get discouraged because they are behind. They have a lot of holes that need filling and it is NOT their fault. But I don't feel like I am helping them if I were to let them skim over like they would in public/private school. The truth of the matter is my kids are super smart. They are still young enough to pick up on things rather quickly. My problem is they want to speed through it and end up making little mistakes that drive me crazy.   And that is what is slowing them down some, but we do have RAD surfacing, a lot of mute stares, head shaking because of course they know it ALL and just a lot of fear of vulnerability and looking stupid.  I don't know if I've just become accustomed to it, but I really think that stuff is starting to slip away. Don't get me wrong, I totally yank my hair out...but the tears (their's not me. lol) are getting less and I am able to slip in some encouragement (when they have turned to leave and are halfway out the door) and not have the raging backlashes.

Things can only get better, that's what I keep telling myself.


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and i came across your site. You are wonderful, caring, amazing, loving mother, and person. I know what it is like to deal with depression, arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am very young yet, very wise for my age. I have been through alot that most my age have never been through. I have a rare debilatating bone joint disease, I have osteo arthritis, very bad Osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, bi polar, suspected autsim and many more diagnosis. My mom has Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, my dad had cancer three times, now has congenital heart failure. He also has manic depression and bi polar. Your kids, are your hero's, and you are there's. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...