The same day I met with the people at the treatment center, I was delivered a punch to the gut when I walked through the door and Hubbins told me that a law office had called for me asking for my step-father.
Huh?
I have had no contact with him whatsoever since the late 90's and how the hell would he get my phone number? It was court ordered that under no circumstances was my phone number to be released to anybody in that family.
Now sit down for this one...
I called the law office back and I asked them how my name was associated with his. They pulled up their records and this mf'er listed me as a relative.
I was so shocked, I told the woman on the phone that I was not a relative but the step-daughter he molested. I heard a gasp. The woman told me she needed to speak to the attorney and would be right back. When she came back on the line she apologized over and over again and told me they had never encountered such a thing or even heard of such a thing. I told her I was shocked that he would have the audacity to do that and I had no idea how he had my phone number. She advised me to change my number and told me I was handling the whole thing a lot better that she would.
I told her I was surprised but kind of not considering he's a drug addict and she said "You know, once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit."
People have offered up sympathy which always makes me feel bad. I don't know why, maybe it's the pity part... but her words, they actually touched me. I felt a warmth and just a feeling of validation. I felt this odd sense of peace and I exhaled. The anxiety I felt during the call melted away.
She helped me more than she will ever even know.
Huh?
I have had no contact with him whatsoever since the late 90's and how the hell would he get my phone number? It was court ordered that under no circumstances was my phone number to be released to anybody in that family.
Now sit down for this one...
I called the law office back and I asked them how my name was associated with his. They pulled up their records and this mf'er listed me as a relative.
I was so shocked, I told the woman on the phone that I was not a relative but the step-daughter he molested. I heard a gasp. The woman told me she needed to speak to the attorney and would be right back. When she came back on the line she apologized over and over again and told me they had never encountered such a thing or even heard of such a thing. I told her I was shocked that he would have the audacity to do that and I had no idea how he had my phone number. She advised me to change my number and told me I was handling the whole thing a lot better that she would.
I told her I was surprised but kind of not considering he's a drug addict and she said "You know, once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit."
People have offered up sympathy which always makes me feel bad. I don't know why, maybe it's the pity part... but her words, they actually touched me. I felt a warmth and just a feeling of validation. I felt this odd sense of peace and I exhaled. The anxiety I felt during the call melted away.
She helped me more than she will ever even know.

No comments:
Post a Comment