So, in my last two sessions we have just been doing some maintenance, because up until Friday's session, I was only sore...not real pain.
In my last two sessions I have been able to doze off. With a few funny parts.
See, I do my sessions in a recliner instead of the massage table now. I sleep in a recliner at home, which frankly may have to change soon since my sinus infection is clearing up and I'm now uncomfortable sleeping sitting up the way I used to.
The time before last, I had my first stress needle. The stress needle is put in the middle of the forehead. Because my days were flipped, I also had two needles sticking out of the side of my neck on each side (think Frankenstein). I was a little tense to say the least.
He had put an ionic heater on pointing to my feet because my feet were cold and I had needles in them. Then he turns out the light and leaves for about an hour.
The funny part is I thought I had reclined all the way back in the chair before we started and here I am for the most part of 40 minutes stiff and not moving because I actually don't know why. I guess because being the nerd that I am, when he told me the heater was ionic and left me to my own devices, I started to wonder if he was talking about positive and negative ions and then I started thinking about ionic bonds and then covalent bonds came to mind and I was wondering if I was making this stuff up since I couldn't really remember what the hell they were....yes, it is crazy being me, in my head. lol
So I tell myself to lighten up and relax. Since I have the needles in, I start to do it bit by bit just in case, I release my feet, my legs, etc and I get to the top part of me and take a deep breath. I'm thinking...this is awesome and then the recliner back decides to recline back to the full position! Ouch! But it was soooo funny it didn't bother me that much. I had to call him in to readjust the needle on the leg that flew up in automatic response to the back falling. But he knew EXACTLY where and what I was talking about when I told him what happened.
Then yesterday. I had to have the stress needle and the Frankenstein pins put in again in addition to some others, let's just say my mind makes it worse cause the actual physical thing is nothing. I mean I forget they are even there for the most part. He turned on the little heater... I must stop and express my LUV for this heater. It's like someone is gently blowing warm air towards your feet, like little whispers and then it shifts to feeling like a touch less massage that is going through your feet which I adore because I don't like people touching me. It's so relaxing.
For me, since I wasn't thinking about bonds or something, this last time it relaxed my feet, then my legs, and I could feel this shift in my hips where they just relaxed and melted into the recliner and I can't tell you what happens next. Because next was me realizing that my neck had hit my shoulder and this inner voice telling me to wake up because there is a needle in my neck! lol I didn't hit the needle but that voice was going to make sure I didn't so then I sat there wide-eyed for about 2 minutes before he came in. I think I got to doze for about 40 minutes at least. Sessions last an hour and takes about 10 minutes to get set up. It wasn't that long before my body relaxed.
But yep, it was like a nap on the clouds in Heaven, of course there probably aren't any needles involved up there ;-)

1 comment:
You know...that actually sounds quite nice! I could use something like that right about now!
Post a Comment