Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The things I don't say...

I've kept quite a bit to myself since my mother moved here.  I don't want to appear ungrateful, which when I type it, it sounds so stupid.

What it boils down to is my mom fed me a crock of it and I believed it, yet again.

Believe it or not, as I am typing now, I am feeling very factual and not the least bit angry.

The only support that I know I have for sure is that if someone needs to go to the hospital, I have an adult present in my home.

I pay my mother half my paycheck to live here and take care of my grandmother mainly.  Yep.  That's how that went down.  I had to persuade her to take CDQ to therapy so I could do a procedure on Hubbins today.  She'll say BS to this but I know the truth.

Meanwhile, there's been so much crap and drama revolving around my grandmother it's soooo pathetic.  My grandmother ended up asking me to be her Power of Attorney, because the short story is they tried to declare her incompetent in her state. By they, I mean her crazy stupid children (2 of them, who ironically are JUST LIKE their abusive father) and her abusive husband. So I'm just waiting for that circus car to come and unload here.

Speaking of circus cars unloading, I think my mom is trying to move my sisters here, in which case I will go into financial ruin to move and leave yet again. I already told her no. But my words fall on deaf ears. So I've given it to God and asked him to please have some consideration (I know, it's like a kid trying to tell the parent what to do.)

In the meantime, My grandmother has lost 26 lbs, her blood sugar is finally regulated, she's going regularly to the senior center to exercise and eat lunch with her friends and she even attended her first Halloween Party in a costume this year!  She enjoys shopping for new clothes- everything is pink and purple! Plus, she has money to go shopping now. She even has savings again!  She's saving for new bottom teeth where she is missing three. lol!

She's also off the bad soda habit. Let me tell you though, get her anywhere near a soda case and she's like a football player. She almost knocked me over racing to the soda case and then I had to wrestle the soda out of her hand and pass her the diet green tea. Sheesh!

So, I've gained two more people to stress over, but I am staying positive.  For some reason, it seems God has deemed our house as a safe haven. I try to keep sight of that. But I can't save them all.  (This is where my mom would interject that she's not asking me to...but we already see where that has gone with my grandmother, right?)

I'm getting stronger. My acupuncture has been decreased to twice a week, my sinus problem is almost completely cleared and at the risk of tempting the RA Monster (and I only do this because I have acupuncture tomorrow. lol) I have had no significant flares.  Some stiffness here and there but a few hours after I take my herbs seems to help. The most helpful is getting a good nights sleep though.  Which I am so happy my day and nights aren't flipped anymore.

Oh, before I forget...I'm still reading blogs but having some problems on commenting. Sometimes blogger already has me logged in, other times, it won't accept my password and then other times it takes my password just fine.  I'm not sure what to do about that.

I think my next post is going to be about my first Reiki experience. I will tell you it was unsettling and left me a little shaken. But I'm ok now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...