So, yeah... I still think I am in remission.
Yeah, I'm in the middle of a flare-up.
BUT, I can still walk...so I call that remission ;-)
So what does a girl do when she can't sleep and the world is sleeping? Cross- stitch while watching old episodes of Alfred Hitchcock on Netflix streaming. Blog... throw in the last load of laundry...
I know, I know... I said my fingers hurt and my wrists hurt and oh boy do they... but I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired, you know? Maybe I am causing my own pain.
I read a lot about the "I cannot do this anymore" in arthritis. I am in no way bragging or saying suck it up or anything like that. I worry when my time will come and I will have a list of "I absolutely cannot do this anymore."
I read some RA blogs by incredible women and I know when they say they can't, they really can't. I guess why I am fixating on the "can'ts" is because so many people I encounter seem to think I am full of it because some days I absolutely can't and others I will work through the pain.
I can't seem to explain the pain and the day to day unknown of it all to people.
I mean, after all...I LOOK ok and I keep making myself do very painful things.
Maybe I'm stupid, Maybe I'm causing myself more problems in the long run... but I know that others will understand. Those who walk in similar shoes will understand the denial, the loss, the humility that comes along with this. But I guess for me, it's mostly my feelings of failure.
The saying
"She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans."keeps reverberating through my head.
I'm just not ready to give up yet. I may say it every now and again when the pain becomes unbearable. But I'm just not done.

2 comments:
Im sorry that you are in pain...I have no idea what thats like...Im sorry. Hang in there.
I soooo understand what you're saying! Although my problem is psoriatic arthritis (which supposedly mimics RA according to my doctors). What you work through one day...the next you just can't!...kinda makes me feel like it's all in my head sometimes - eventhough I KNOW it's not. Even with all the meds I'm on, the pain never stops...just changes in intensity. It's so frustrating and depressing. Praying for relief for you.
Vicki
Post a Comment