Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You're Going to Disneyland!

So Hubs and I figured a way to get the kids to Disneyland after the adoption. We were staying about an hour away.

We didn't tell the kids because we wanted it to be a surprise. Ok, truthfully we didn't want to hear "Are we going to Disneyland today?" because we were already hearing "Are we going to the Grand Canyon today?" over and over again all day.


The oldest already knew about Disneyland because she read our itinerary which she wasn't supposed to do. I suspect CDQ knew too. But the video it produced. Well, you'll see. Just watch the boy.




I've been to Disneyland, I think 4 times. I think I was like 5 the first time. I remember putting on my new short set, red shorts with a red shirt with straps that tied. I loved the shirt because it was a rainbow or pony or some object with gold glitter highlights. I loved the glitter. lol I had on a fishermen's cap to protect me from the sun. Very stylish and cool. *wink*



Anyhow, as we got closer, the excitement escalated. Only the oldest had been to Disneyland and the younger ones had no idea what to think exactly. I had told them the exit number so they counted down as we passed each one. They discussed meeting princesses and what kind of rides there might be. As far as they knew there were teacups and that was it.

Here they are at the entrance in front of the Mickey Mouse flowers. I had to get this shot because although I no longer have my photo album, I used to have a picture of me in front of this very spot.

There were characters signing autographs and taking pictures right as we walked in. They got to meet Snow White, Minnie and Pluto.

Um, Snow White was a little too much in character or something. She was kinda freaky to me but the kids enjoyed her. We were excited to be getting a picture with an actual mouse. Even if it was just Minnie. lol

We were next in line for Pluto but they dragged him off. Sucked. I was able to catch this pic as he was leaving. I thought it was funny that he was patting the kids.

Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures because I was riding with the kids. I had no idea how they were going to react to rides and such. As you can see in the photo above one child has a dreamy expression, the next looks like he's going to have a bathroom accident and the third looks up in amazement and wonder. Those looks shifted when they were on the actual rides. lol

I rode on the bigger roller coasters like Space Mountain and Matterhorn with the oldest. It was a little strange because I could remember riding the same ride with her mother years before with her in the same position in front of me and it being her mother's first ride on a roller coaster as well.

I was so disappointed that It's A Small World was down for renovations. That's my favorite ride and I wanted them to experience it.

I always wanted mouse ears, I think at some point I did get them when I was younger and perhaps my grandmother has them or something so I made a point of buying them each ears and having their names embroidered on them. It was towards the end of the day and we all had mouse ears. I wish I would have got a picture of everyone, but it was so dark and I didn't think all the ears would show up. I did get individuals though.

The oldest
Strawberry Shortcake

Poufy
The Boy (I got a better shot but I just like this one better for some reason.lol)
CDQ


I think they had a blast and I hope this is a day they will remember forever. Hubs and I talked about maybe going back in 5 years or so once we've forgotten what a PITA it was when they are older. It depends on whether there are toddlers or not to drag along.

Next... the Grand Canyon...

2 comments:

Kether said...

YAY!!!

Amrita said...

What great fun. Wish I was there. I love those mouse ears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...