Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Grand Canyon--and final post on my never ending "vacation"

Ok, so finally Grand Canyon pics. I was lazy and that's why these weren't up sooner. I decided I needed to catch some zzzz's until I wasn't dreaming that I was driving anymore. lol

This was our second visit to the Grand Canyon for Me and Hubs. The first for the kids. We took them to the IMAX movie before taking them to Canyon itself so they'd have an idea because they basically had no idea what or where we were at no matter how many times we tried to explain it. Before we went in, I showed them the silhouette image of the person falling down the canyon and I explained to them that this wasn't like Disneyland. They didn't try really hard to make sure you are safe at the Grand Canyon and that was totally your job to make sure you are safe...because, well it is.

We stayed for about 4 hours all and all. Hubs had wanted to go out on the glass shelf but it turns out that's on the Nevada side of the Grand Canyon and I personally did not feel like driving to that side. Sorry Hubs, maybe next time.

We had a couple of scares both caused by CDQ with her brother. That child is either pure evil or has no common sense. At this point, I am choosing to believe the latter. lol

When we were looking at an information station close to the rim of the canyon, CDQ decided to shove her brother into the fence so she could get a look. For those who haven't been to the canyon, there is a fence but there are also large holes where the rim and the fence don't meet. Definitely large enough for a child to fall through. My 12 year old could fall through. I was so angry with CDQ, I gave her a lecture and I thought she understood. But then I'm recording the canyon and I hear CDQ right next to me telling the boy "Let me show you something really cool!"

I put the camera down just in time to see her trying to lift him up on the gate as in if I hadn't caught her that second, she could have flopped him over. I hit the roof and they thought it was funny! Kids...too bad they have to find out the hard way that they are not invincible. After that mild heart attack we left the canyon.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

The G C is so beautiful.

That was a close call Sasha. Kids have no c. sense, or just don 't realize the danger. I thinks its the movies and cartoon shows too and now play stations.

I 'm glad they are safe with you watching over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...