Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A little lost...

So much has happened... I don't think I've ever written a bullet post but I will today and  I will write the bullets in order of events and not importance.


  • Our dog, Ava, passed away. She was 16 years old and we'd had her for the past 4 years. She had really bad arthritis and I know she is running in Heaven now, playing and doing all the things she dreamed of. 
  • I traded in our big van for a small car. A really small car. I've started the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover program and we are cutting back everywhere. We started by buying a car that is a little more than less of half of what we owed and our payments are 1/3 of the old one!
  • The trade in ended up being a HUGE deal for us and the dealership gained no profit, my van wasn't upside down and they paid it in full and then found out they had to lower the price of the car I was buying by $2,000 in order to sell it to me...why I say this...I'm still dealing with the dealership which was reluctant at first to be cooperative but have since determined that they would have a greater loss since they've paid off my van and I can still cancel my current contract on our new to us car.  Effectively making it a car sale from me to them and not the other way around. All I can say is God is so good because I left the entire thing in his hands. In fact, if I remember I should write a post about the whole experience. 
  • Adult Protective Services were actually called out to my house by the asswipes that are supposed to be family. Of course my Grandmother is doing awesome now and she actually spoke of some of the abuse from her husband. I'm waiting on a return call because it turns out the asswipes opened a whole new can of worms for themselves in their state and I am going to be given resources to contact to help my grandmother stay safe. 
  • I've been reluctant to post about this, but for now, all  I will say is that CDQ has been hospitalized for her behaviors. At this moment, all my kids are safe. There are so many emotions and it all feels so unreal. 
  • Bela's birthday was on the 7th. She would have been 5. She would have been in preschool and she probably would have been so excited to be old enough to start kindergarten next year.
  • Last night we got a scary call from Hubbin's family. They thought his brother had a heart attack but no one knows for sure. All we know is that he has congestive heart failure and pneumonia.  We think he's going to be ok now. Not sure though. 
  • Hubbins started acupuncture two weeks ago. It seems to be working for him, although he is playing the skeptic because almost all his needles go in his head! We have our acupuncture done at the same time and I can tell you it's the first time I have seen his face relaxed in all the years I have known him. 
I'm actually doing a procedure on Hubbins so this is where I am going to end it. There has been so much going on and so much chaos that I am feeling quite lost these days and hoping the whirlwind will slow down. 

Hope all is well with you all :-) 

3 comments:

obladi oblada said...

wow thats quite an update. So sorry to hear about your Ava and also about CDQ...hope they are able to give her some more help..although I think what you do is the best for her...but have to keep others safe, that is for sure.

marythemom said...

Hugs and prayers winging your way!

Mary in TX

Kether said...

hope all is well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...