Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Something not as heavy...

as my last post...

I installed my time capsule to back up my computer and then I downloaded my pics and I'm all backed up now. hehe

Here's a few of our recent doings...

Last night-- Pumpkin muffins with whipped cream on top. I had made them--come to think of it, I had never had pumpkin bread or muffins before. They were so yummy! I lamented how I should have taken pictures of the kids scarfing them down. They loved them too.

From a couple of days ago- devil's food cupcakes with a decadent fudge frosting. That's what the can said-- actually I should take a picture of the other can.


Ok, back with picture. I picked these up at the grocery store and I thought I would give them a shot. I likey them. I don't likey the price. lol


It's sort of like easy cheese but frosting instead. I think the best part is that you can stick that little piping doohickey in the center of the cupcake and make them frosting filled cupcakes. Haven't done it yet but definitely thinking about it. lol

Since I'm talking about food, I should mention that I have put myself on a fat diet. It's my first real diet and no, I have no idea what I am doing. I've just switched a lot of the foods I eat to fat free or low fat. I've lost 4 lbs so far and it hasn't been painful. Maybe because I am saving all my fat grams for the real yummy stuff (see above) or maybe because I haven't added in the exercise portion.

I know this post will seem like a total endorsement of the things I have mentioned and am about to mention but I was impressed and well...that's hard to do. I'll just let you know now, it's not a paid endorsement. :-p

Marie Callender's Meatball Lasagna. This is the kind that you make in the microwave and don't need refrigeration. Wow, there was plenty of sauce and meatballs in it. I had it with a side salad and it was so filling and yummy. It was also quick and simple to make. I was worried that the pasta wasn't going to be cooked but it was perfect!

Skinny Cow chocolate with fudge cones. I am a huge fan of the traditional Drumstick. I was very skeptical about these Skinny Cow imposters. I went to Hubbins directly after trying it and told him he MUST try it...now. He was impressed too. So impressed he ate most of it (you know you did! lol) It tastes like a creamy thick chocolate ice cream. The fudge tastes like a chocolate sauce and the cone is not cardboard. Perhaps the best part, there is about an inch of chocolate that is pooled and frozen at the bottom of the cone just like the drumsticks. Only 3g of fat. Oh and did I mention, I'm not even a real fan of chocolate ice cream?

On the flip side...


Tonight I tried the Healthy Choice version. It was the Rotini and Zesty Marinara sauce.

Can I just say Yecch!

Not good at all. I didn't even finish it. The whole thing was like one big onion. I didn't notice it until I had eaten almost half.


I kept taking bites trying to figure out what it was. Once I did, I started pulling out the onions and well...see that napkin...ick! I gave up there was still so many more in there.
I had an orange instead...bummer.

All and all it's not so bad. I have a turkey and cheese Lunchable for brunch (I'm not really a breakfast or lunch person.) It has two double stuffed oreos in it. It's the highlight of my morning. LOL! Then dinner. Last week, I ate dinner with everyone. Spaghetti and meatballs and I also ate out at McDonald's one of the days. Plain chicken sandwich, fries and sprite. Nothing too restrictive. I hear that's why diets fail and I'm worried about mine.

I've gained 20 lbs every single year the kids have been here (3 years) and I am right on schedule with an additional 13 lbs so far this year, well minus 4, so 9. Two pounds a week doesn't seem bad.

I am not happy about this! Must change it.We shall see.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Those look *yummy* Reighne! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...