Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A real post...

will be coming shortly. 

But for now, CDQ still hates me and she told the kids that she's a biatch.  Lovely. I asked if she thought she was a bitch (because if you are going to say it you might as well say it properly) and she smirked and told me yes. Ok, so she won because I asked her if she thought I was a bitch (knowing the answer already) and of course she said yes. Perhaps, the best route would have been to tell her "so you want to be just like me." but instead...*sigh* instead, I told her she hadn't seen anything yet. 

Because honestly... she hasn't. We still have at least 9 more years together and who really knows what the hell I will do next to piss her off.  But I know if it involves doing the right thing or heading in the right direction with her, she will hate it. 

BTW, her smirk fell right off her face when I said that.  Honestly, I'm torn about it because I want her to know I'm not giving up but I also don't want her to be afraid of me. Although, I'm not sure what she would be afraid of. 

So for now, we are chugging along in homeschool, except for her. I have been leaving her out. She's causing chaos with the others: hitting them and just basically trying to get them in trouble because they are doing the right things. They don't want to be around her anyway. 

Get this, they think she's stupid. Well, more pointedly, she does stupid things. I told them they did the same things as her. Poufy and SS told the oldest that they wanted to be good and not do those things or act that way anymore. They don't like being that way. 

However, it's like a switch with mine. It's just off. I know some of your kids have expressed it's a struggle for them. I've seen when my kids struggle. But the RAD diagnosis is still a question in my mind.  I'm sure they will get mad at me and act out again...but I think the peeing and the stealing and the lying beyond normal child limits has ended.  I may be jinxing myself.  But it feels different around here. 

The other kids are happy even with the crappy rules ( I don't like them but if they are working....well what can I say?)  in place.  I haven't rewarded them like I used to whenever they did something good. When they try to bargain with me all I say is "It takes six weeks, at least, to make something a habit." (Boy, if my mother would have said that to me I would have been sooooo annoyed.) I think it's sad but at this point being allowed to feed the dogs is a reward.  

I really shouldn't be so down on it because it means they are embracing the chance at responsibility. They don't know it, but they are. But it's just sad to me.  Maybe because they are so old. I mean wouldn't a younger child be extra eager to have these responsibilities bestowed on them? 

If I take a good look back, I have SS and Poufy who are three weeks into this habit forming journey. Three weeks...funny how it coincided with the end of the oldest's school year. 

At any rate, I have pictures, pictures and more pictures to post.  But Poufy has a Dr's appt. hopefully that doctor won't give me grief because she ran out of pills the day before yesterday and today is the soonest I can pick them up.  

Tell me this, what the hell am I supposed to do with a kid who has a hyperthyroid, eats like a horse but has had like 3 growth spurts upward and hardly any weight gain?  The doctor gets on my case but does she know how much the kids have grown since they've been in my care?  This child has gone from a 4t to a size 6-7 (mainly because she is soooo skinny) in about a year in a half.  

The doctor complained because Poufy's pants were highwaters. Um, did you see her waist?  That's the proof that she's growing but not gaining.  I've bought her longer pants but then they don't fit at the waist...So now, I've resorted to overalls.   

Can't please everyone, can I? 


Glitter Text Generator

2 comments:

Carol said...

You've really got your hands full!!! I've heard that a lot of adopted kids will "test" the new parent(s) to see if they're really serious about "forever"....so maybe once she realizes in her heart that you aren't going to give up, maybe she'll calm down a little? One can hope, right?

obladi oblada said...

Nope, you cannot please everyone or even most everyone. Its best not to try. You are doing the right thing, doing your best and you cant help that a kid is growing up and not out...sounds like the doc needs to do his job and stop being fashion police.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...