Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Better Late Then Never

This post has been sitting in my queue since June 2nd, 1:03 am. I have 65 drafts in my queue because I can't stand using blogger's post "thumbnail". I say thumbnail because we have the entire screen in which they could use to make our post box a little larger so we could easily move our pictures and text to where we want them to be but nooooooooo, we get like a 2 inch rectangle to compose our posts. Anyhow...end rant. (It took over an hour and a half to get the Purries post done. Wish I WAS kidding.)

This was our Memorial day celebration:

Somewhere down the line, I got it in my head that we should grind some meat for burgers. I think it started when I bought some mixed round steak. I say mixed because it was this huge package of thinly sliced steaks, two large roasts and a section of ground in the middle. That was the best cheeseburger EVER.  So, um, yeah. That's probably where I got it in my mind to take one of the roasts and do this...

Chopping the roast, separating the fat.  

See how pretty? (If you are a vegetarian, I apologize). I knew our mixer had a grinding attachment...so I thought, what the heck?!?

I felt all....farmish and stuff. I've never done anything remotely like this. 

Hmmm....
I don't know why it was so bright red in the bowl...maybe the white bowl. We actually ended up grinding two batches of meat with that one roast. 
Here's the spread...ignore all the crap on the back counter. It's clean now...I'll prove it in a picture...6 weeks from now. *smirk* 

We had some really good corn on the cob (I don't know about you, but corn tends to be hit or miss out here), cheeseburgers, potato salad (not pictured) and watermelon. 

I even made this cupcake tower thingy myself.  Boy did the kids eye that baby...lol 

It was a good day... even though it was last month...lol 

PS...Now I want a cheeseburger...
Glitter Text Generator



1 comment:

The Accidental Mommy said...

WOw, so cool! I love that you ground up your own burger meat. Nice cupcake tree too- we are huge fans of cupcakes here, seriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...