My last post got me thinking and made me wonder... I've read many blogs where bio moms call their kids "lil a-holes" or some such name like that or threaten their kids in jest and it's the foundation of their blog: snarky- sarcasm...but I've never read an adoption blog where an adoptive mother does that.
I wanted to share our laughs with you, but towards the end of writing the last post I started worrying about whether I should be sharing that or not. Do bio moms do that? Do they worry about posting stuff like that? Or are they more secure in the fact that their children are indeed THEIR children for good? Because it doesn't seem like they worry about it. It seems like they are pretty carefree.
I'll admit, it was a confusing scenario for me because as SS's mother I felt like I should have been tough on her, but as her Aunt--well it was an Aunt like thing to tease her about it. As her Aunt, it was for me to leave it to her mother to correct... this is another one of my dilemmas, my personal issue since I am now one and the same.
I always worry someone is going to try to say I am unfit and take my kids away. I know I am not an unfit parent, but the fact that they've threatened me in the past for trying to get my kids the correct kind of therapeutic help has been something that I just can't shake. I know any kind of allegation would be unfounded but the thought that they can remove my kids even temporarily and what it would do to them is too much for me to process.
Am I just wandering in PTSD land or is there any validity to these feelings? How do you guys feel about it?
In the meantime, I will leave you with this joke between me and Poufy. Recently, Poufy has had some set backs in the lying and stealing department. When she does that and I ask her why she's done it she gives me this look that's sort of like a deer caught in the headlights look...similar to this picture here:
Now, I knew she reminded me of someone, but up until two days ago, I couldn't quite put my finger on it and then...yes, yes, yes...this is it! You see the resemblance?
I called her in and at first she was nervous but when I showed her this picture her shoulders relaxed and she covered her mouth and laughed and laughed. I told her, this is what I see on the other side, so now you know where I am coming from when I start to giggle...because God knows sometimes I just start laughing so hard and I feel bad about it because I know she's scared...but...I'm hoping next time around all I'll have to say is "BARF!" and it will break the tension and change the pattern...
I wanted to share our laughs with you, but towards the end of writing the last post I started worrying about whether I should be sharing that or not. Do bio moms do that? Do they worry about posting stuff like that? Or are they more secure in the fact that their children are indeed THEIR children for good? Because it doesn't seem like they worry about it. It seems like they are pretty carefree.
I'll admit, it was a confusing scenario for me because as SS's mother I felt like I should have been tough on her, but as her Aunt--well it was an Aunt like thing to tease her about it. As her Aunt, it was for me to leave it to her mother to correct... this is another one of my dilemmas, my personal issue since I am now one and the same.
I always worry someone is going to try to say I am unfit and take my kids away. I know I am not an unfit parent, but the fact that they've threatened me in the past for trying to get my kids the correct kind of therapeutic help has been something that I just can't shake. I know any kind of allegation would be unfounded but the thought that they can remove my kids even temporarily and what it would do to them is too much for me to process.
Am I just wandering in PTSD land or is there any validity to these feelings? How do you guys feel about it?
In the meantime, I will leave you with this joke between me and Poufy. Recently, Poufy has had some set backs in the lying and stealing department. When she does that and I ask her why she's done it she gives me this look that's sort of like a deer caught in the headlights look...similar to this picture here:
| This is not the look but close enough. lol I realize that she's afraid and that it's her PTSD, so I was trying to lighten things up. |
I called her in and at first she was nervous but when I showed her this picture her shoulders relaxed and she covered her mouth and laughed and laughed. I told her, this is what I see on the other side, so now you know where I am coming from when I start to giggle...because God knows sometimes I just start laughing so hard and I feel bad about it because I know she's scared...but...I'm hoping next time around all I'll have to say is "BARF!" and it will break the tension and change the pattern...


1 comment:
I worry about the things I blog about all the time. Especially because I think some of my daughters birth family are reading my blog.
Post a Comment