but there's hardly nothing more I love than going to the movies by myself and if the theater is empty even better!
Last Friday, I needed to get away from everything and everyone (including myself) so I decided flare and all I am going to the movies dammit!
I won't say it was pain free or didn't involve a lot of new thoughts about my illness but it was just what I needed. I saw Bridesmaids. Oh MY goodness...crude but oh so funny. I love the Megan character. lol!
The moral of the story wasn't lost on me either. It was like a slap across the face. A much needed (cheesy) slap. I haven't exactly given in to all this pain. I still fight through it but my positive attitude has all but vanished and I've definitely been bitter and jaded over ALL of it. I know there are MANY people who have it (life) way worse than I do. I won't ever lose sight of that and even though at times I may sound ungrateful I am beyond grateful for many of the things in my life.
So there was this song by this trio called Wilson Phillips. I listened to the words and they made sense. It might not be what the song is supposed to be about, but I could totally apply it to what I am going through now. Here is the song and lyrics
and just in cased you haven't seen it, here's a trailer for the Bridesmaid movie.
Last Friday, I needed to get away from everything and everyone (including myself) so I decided flare and all I am going to the movies dammit!
I won't say it was pain free or didn't involve a lot of new thoughts about my illness but it was just what I needed. I saw Bridesmaids. Oh MY goodness...crude but oh so funny. I love the Megan character. lol!
The moral of the story wasn't lost on me either. It was like a slap across the face. A much needed (cheesy) slap. I haven't exactly given in to all this pain. I still fight through it but my positive attitude has all but vanished and I've definitely been bitter and jaded over ALL of it. I know there are MANY people who have it (life) way worse than I do. I won't ever lose sight of that and even though at times I may sound ungrateful I am beyond grateful for many of the things in my life.
So there was this song by this trio called Wilson Phillips. I listened to the words and they made sense. It might not be what the song is supposed to be about, but I could totally apply it to what I am going through now. Here is the song and lyrics
and just in cased you haven't seen it, here's a trailer for the Bridesmaid movie.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis of Fibro and RA. Hopefully you will begin treatment soon, and be relieved of much of your pain. Being diagnosed with a serious chronic illness is very difficult. I know I went through all 5 of the "grieving steps", it sounds like you are working through that too. In some of your past posts you have said that you caused your own pain and illness. You did not. It was caused by the enormous amounts of stress in your life-that's not your fault. You are truly an amazing woman, and your family is blessed beyond belief to have you in their lives. Your body is now paying the price of the sacrifices you have made for their well being. I'm happy you are taking some time for yourself-you need to do that often. xoxo Mindy
a friend of mine had great success in using fish oil supplements for her fibro. you may have already heard of this, but wanted to mention in case it would be of use.
Post a Comment