I swear I am not a hypochondriac and I have to admit I don't know how much more I can take of this.
Maybe I shouldn't be forcing myself to type but I need to vent somewhere...
I have pain, every time I swallow I get a clicking sound and sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn't. The randomness has caused me to clench my jaw which has made it worse. Because now I have shooting pain up to the back of my ear and down along my arm to my wrist. I'm able to move my arm a little because I just stood in the shower under scalding hot water for 20 minutes and I've layered myself with tees and sweaters to try to keep the heat in.
I keep trying to relax but if I let my jaw or arm slack too much it's instant pain.
I don't mean to sound like a shit but I honestly don't know how much more of this pain I can take. Did I mention that already?
Especially since I have pretty good days. I saw a chiropractor on Monday and I was feeling so much better. Diagnosis- my spine is a "wreck", I have trauma areas in my neck, lower back and apparently my @$$ as I was told those cheeks shouldn't be so tight (I thought they were relaxed. lol) ...maybe that was TMI- in which case I apologize :-) I could NOT believe the amount of cracking that went on.... and even after the adjustment my bones kept cracking. Most notably was SOMEONE who finally listened to me about my hand pain. I know my acupuncturist was hesitant and I think he was afraid to hurt me. But all the fingers I had been complaining about popped just like I felt they needed to and my wrists were CRAZY cracking. I can't tell you how much it hurt but felt soooooooo good at the same time. The stiffness in my fingers had actually decreased.
Let's put it this way, Tuina was like a massage compared to the chiropractor. I thought I had got thrashed in Tuina but the chiro adjustment, it happened all so fast it was like the scene from Madagascar where the Granny with the coke bottle glasses beats the hell out of the lion with her purse and the lion doesn't even know what happened to him.
It's been one thing right after another and yes I understand it took one thing right after another for me to get to the state I am in. I'm sure if I search my blog I would come across the post which I spoke about the cause of this injury.
The boy... a tantrum, and a therapist who told me to remove him from the room even if I had to carry him out. Big mistake.
The thing I keep holding on to is that the chiropractor does not think I have RA. Let me say that again....DOES NOT think I have RA... He said I do have arthritic properties or some such thing which is similar to what my acupuncturist said, so for now, I will continue to pray and hold on to the thread that two professionals do NOT think I have RA. *phew*
Maybe I shouldn't be forcing myself to type but I need to vent somewhere...
I have pain, every time I swallow I get a clicking sound and sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn't. The randomness has caused me to clench my jaw which has made it worse. Because now I have shooting pain up to the back of my ear and down along my arm to my wrist. I'm able to move my arm a little because I just stood in the shower under scalding hot water for 20 minutes and I've layered myself with tees and sweaters to try to keep the heat in.
I keep trying to relax but if I let my jaw or arm slack too much it's instant pain.
I don't mean to sound like a shit but I honestly don't know how much more of this pain I can take. Did I mention that already?
Especially since I have pretty good days. I saw a chiropractor on Monday and I was feeling so much better. Diagnosis- my spine is a "wreck", I have trauma areas in my neck, lower back and apparently my @$$ as I was told those cheeks shouldn't be so tight (I thought they were relaxed. lol) ...maybe that was TMI- in which case I apologize :-) I could NOT believe the amount of cracking that went on.... and even after the adjustment my bones kept cracking. Most notably was SOMEONE who finally listened to me about my hand pain. I know my acupuncturist was hesitant and I think he was afraid to hurt me. But all the fingers I had been complaining about popped just like I felt they needed to and my wrists were CRAZY cracking. I can't tell you how much it hurt but felt soooooooo good at the same time. The stiffness in my fingers had actually decreased.
Let's put it this way, Tuina was like a massage compared to the chiropractor. I thought I had got thrashed in Tuina but the chiro adjustment, it happened all so fast it was like the scene from Madagascar where the Granny with the coke bottle glasses beats the hell out of the lion with her purse and the lion doesn't even know what happened to him.
It's been one thing right after another and yes I understand it took one thing right after another for me to get to the state I am in. I'm sure if I search my blog I would come across the post which I spoke about the cause of this injury.
The boy... a tantrum, and a therapist who told me to remove him from the room even if I had to carry him out. Big mistake.
The thing I keep holding on to is that the chiropractor does not think I have RA. Let me say that again....DOES NOT think I have RA... He said I do have arthritic properties or some such thing which is similar to what my acupuncturist said, so for now, I will continue to pray and hold on to the thread that two professionals do NOT think I have RA. *phew*

1 comment:
Hi Reighnie,
I'm so sorry you are in such pain. Were you diagnosed with RA by a doctor, or one of your therapists? Because your pain sure sounds like an autoimmune disorder to me. RA shows up in your bloodwork-high ANA and other inflammatory markers. I've been dealing with it for over 5 years, along with fibromyalgia. I know you don't want to use drugs to treat this, but if it truly is RA (or possibly Lupus), nothing short of anti-inflammatories and dmards, biologics are truly going to help you. I hate seeing you in so much pain. I get wanting to deal with it naturally, and not really wanting to accept that you have an autoimmune disorder-for me denial wasn't just a river in egypt for over two years :) . I tried vitamins, every natural thing I could find, and in the end, the only relief I've gotten was from the drugs prescribed by my rheumatologist. Please just consider what I've said-you don't have to hurt so much that it's unbearable.
Post a Comment