Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick Update...

Hubbins is in ICU, he has been here since Saturday. Things were looking good but now I think they are giving him too much meds and I have to wait until shift change or the doc comes in because the nurse he has now is nice enough, but I don't think he's listening to what Hubbins is saying and at this very moment he is watching tv. Argh!

I've been googling and it seems Hubbins may be going into respiratory depression because of the dizziness and the feelings of not being able to breath the meds are causing. He's on morphine, hydrocodone, baclofen and oxybutynin. All those drugs cause dizziness and possible shortness of breath especially in the elderly or debilitated.

We've had excellent concerned nurses so far, but this one... I hope the hours fly by for the doc to come in. She's wonderful too and I know if she knew about this she would change her orders. I wish I knew more about our rights.

Today is also Bela's birthday. She would have been 4 years old. I'm going to get off the computer (thank goodness for our netbook and courtesy wifi from the hospital) since Hubbins has calmed and seems to be sleeping some. I'm trying to get rest when he is. This is all just so stressful.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sending you a hug and prayers for both of you. May the doc come soon...

Ashley said...

Best wishes to you and Hubbins, as well as all the little monkeys

slipbananapeel said...

Oh no :( I hope it gets better for you. You really deserve a break!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...