
Madigan had a vet appointment yesterday. He LOVES his vet. Adores her in fact. He will do anything for her. Literally.
Yeah, it's disgusting to watch. I only wish I had taken a pic on the way INTO the vet.
Anyhow, every time we are there, there are usually some dogs and maybe a cat or two in the waiting room. This time there was no one but us when we arrived. He was in doggie heaven. He had Dr. Dora ALL to himself.
But on the way out, it just wasn't to be his day. There were a pair of little chihuahuas in the waiting room. Since he had his rabies shot that day, they hand engraved him a new tag with the numbers on it. What this means is usually we would have been gone before Dr. Dora came out for the next patient. Today, Madi watched as she reached out and took the littlest chihuahua from the owner and gushed about her.
It was funny, it was sad and it was embarrassing all at the same time. Lil Madi could not believe his eyes. Dr. Dora was cheating! His head whipped from the dogs to Dr. Dora about 5 times in the span of that many seconds. I was trying to tug him out of the office and he was not having it. He had to see.
I yanked him out and he managed to pull back and smash his nose against the glass door to get another look. To say he was devastated would be an understatement. (*snicker* I know BAD mama) Anyhow, he squatted down with his hind legs and front legs firmly planted on the ground and I had to drag his butt across the parking lot. I mentioned embarrassing right?
In the car, he didn't even try to look out the window like he normally does. He just looked so sad and empty, like the picture above. He had snot that kept threatening to start running down his face. It was so pathetic.
I believe he is a woman hater now. Jaded little boy he is. Case in point...when we got home, he was totally pissed at me. Dirty looks and everything. I had stopped at the chicken place to pick up dinner on the way home and tried offering him my biscuit and he just looked at me like he'd rather starve than take a biscuit or anything from me.
To test it out, I put the biscuit in Dad's hand and told him Dad wanted him to have his biscuit. He jumped up and nearly swallowed the thing whole. Hubbin's chuckled of course.
I'm sure by his next appointment he will have forgotten Dr. Dora's indiscretion but there's part of me that wonders if he will remember... if when she goes to give him a doggie treat he'll look at her with disgust.
Chances are he's a mama hater and not a woman hater... because isn't everything our fault? lol

1 comment:
Lol....what a cutie!
Post a Comment