Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's that time again...

Tomorrow I pick up Girl Scout cookies... All the cases and I bring them home and divide them up. I have to admit...I am a bit worried about having cases and cases of GS cookies in my house. I'm worried that the kids will get into them and steal them and I'll owe my life in Girl Scout cookies. lol

The plan is to get them separated and out ASAP....However, I will still have the cookie booth cookies in my house for another month. A whole month. That's over 400 boxes. Nobody really volunteered last year to have them and the person who did kept them in her garage. I don't want the cookies in a garage.

I don't know, I'll think of something. The ideal situation would be closed cases, but I'm sure we won't have exact numbers.

Tonight is the kick off for ice skating lessons. I have six girls going and it's once a week for the next 4 weeks. Pllllllease don't let anyone get hurt. I hope they have fun though. I'm a little sad that CDQ and Poufy couldn't pull it together to go but what can I do? It was their choice. Although, honestly, the oldest shouldn't be going either. Maybe I'll just make it her birthday present instead of what I was going to get her.

I'm pretty sick of that girl sliding by and getting away with it. She's going to be 13 on Monday and it's high time she stopped dragging her lazy butt around here. I grounded her last week for her grades. She hasn't been turning her work in because she's too busy writing a romance novel. Yeah. I've seen bits of it and I don't know where she's seen or read or heard of some of the stuff that those characters are doing. But let's just say she's not leaving the house until she's 18. I'm not going to be raising her kids too.

I had her clean the kitchen from top to bottom. I also had her clean the laundry room. Little does she know she will be doing the laundry room again tomorrow. I chose those two jobs because I wanted her to know what it's like to clean up and have someone destroy it. It's not the run of the mill, I used the kitchen and it's dirty. My pantry was organized. I know I posted it here somewhere. I even labeled where stuff goes, but she is the QUEEN of LAZY. She had been stacking everything on the floor to the point that no one could even walk in or find anything.

I made her redo all of that and even mop the floors (some people are probably thinking this punishment isn't as harsh as I think it is. lol) Then when she was done, I went in there and set to making a cake and icing and not washing one thing. I left everything out, whatever fell, fell. It was hard not to rinse something out or put things in the sink or put things away... but I did it, I walked out with everything left behind for her to clean up. She didn't say anything. I did it for the rest of the day. We made a big dinner.

But the next day when I was driving her to school. Out of nowhere she blurts out that she thinks she knows how I feel. I asked her what she meant and she said that it sucks because "you clean something up and then everyone ruins it." So she was catching a clue, yet that very day I saw her stacking stuff again at the doorway in the pantry and reminded her that it didn't go there. Even this morning, I walked into the kitchen and saw dirty dishes left behind when she knew full well what she was supposed to do. The kicker to this whole thing is that we bought the biggest dishwasher (Martha) out on the market and she broke it. So now she has to wash by hand. You would think that she would appreciate the dishwasher more now, but no. I haven't been able to find my service contract for it to get it fixed and I guess at this point because of her behavior, I'm not really in any hurry.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Are you ok???? You need to check in....worried about you....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...