I can't believe how fast the days have flown by. I am behind on everything... really, everything.
My birthday was Thursday and I got to come back home from dropping off the oldest at school, climb back into my jammies and sleep for 2 hours more. That was my celebration. lol
Actually, I knew we were going to celebrate Saturday. But between buying groceries in general and preparing for superbowl, I just had no time. I get nervous when my time fills up like that. I am always scared something is going to go wrong with Hubbins health ( I decided to change him from Hubs to Hubbins. lol)
At any rate, I don't even know if I typed it, but one of Hubbins pressure sores got infected. The big one that keeps tunneling. (Well, it's been infected since the first day the first home health nurse came out and put a bandage over it which blocked the sore from draining and caused the infection.) The infection just got worse. So they put him on antibiotics. Seems to be working except on Friday, after the home health nurse patted me on the back and told me I could be a nurse (uh, hell to the no) I went to high five hubbins hand and noticed he had a huge ass lump on his shoulder.
We think he has a muscle knot. But it could be a blood clot. But I'm pretty sure it's just a really bad muscle knot (please God, amen). The swelling went down but the knot is still there. (Here insert the crazy wanting to cry, scream and cuss that I am pushing to the back of my mind at this very moment.)
I don't know, he's really sore. It could be either way. He doesn't have fever or chills, no red streaks. From what I read when the sores are healing it's really painful because the nerves are raw.
SS and the boy are doing grrreat. CDQ and Poufy...not so great. I need to get them seperated. But they disrupt the other two so badly that it's not worth it. If I have 3 out of 5 behaving. It's better than splitting them and having the two that are worse disrupting the two that are moving forward right? Plus, I know they love to hate each other. fun.
As for me, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Hubbins health will improve. The first thing I have planned "for me" is.... are you ready?
Drumroll please...
CAKE DECORATING! My mom and I wanted to do this like 12 years ago but we never got around to it (she claimed to never have time) and when I went in to see how much the class was and when it started I couldn't believe my eyes that the course and the supplies were all 50% off this month. I paid for my class and bought the course 1 supplies on Saturday and I start Thursday. I can't wait but I am also afraid something will happen before then that won't allow me to go.
I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just a realist. Something always happens. The real first thing I was supposed to do was go see Inkheart. But Hubbins was not well. Usually before my GS meetings he has a lot of trouble too. He gets mad when I say it but his body's timing is right on for any holiday or plans that we have. He always has trouble or if I get too excited I jinx it. It sucks.
So keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to be too excited about the class.

PS. If it sounds like I'm worried about missing the class, it's not that. I'm worried about making plans to be in the class somehow "causing" Hubbins health to get worse. That's what I dread about making plans. If I knew that his health would be good if I made no plans, I would never make another plan again. Seriously.

PS. If it sounds like I'm worried about missing the class, it's not that. I'm worried about making plans to be in the class somehow "causing" Hubbins health to get worse. That's what I dread about making plans. If I knew that his health would be good if I made no plans, I would never make another plan again. Seriously.

6 comments:
Keeping my fingers crossed that Hubbins improves AND you get to make the class.
Lots of love and prayers being sent your way for hubbins health and a little break for you during the class!
I looking forward to opening a box of cake later . . .
Cake decorating- that will be so fun!! I hope Hubbins health improves and maintains so you can get some well deserved me-time.
Omigosh I'm so excited for you! and jealous...i've wanted to do that forever...
Cake Decorating...something Ive always wanted to learn. I hope this is something that you really enjoy. You deserve it. I hope your hubbins feels better.
Hi there...there is so much to worry about when it comes to your hubby, isn't there? It's so much more precarious than what I'm dealing with, but I kind of know what you go through when you need to be aware of every little change and decide how to react (or not) because your husband might not realize there is a problem....
DH's mental illness is that same way...just not so immediately life-threatening if I guess wrong...the amount of stress you must be under truly boggles my mind!!!
I very much hope you are able to go to the cake decorating classes....
Post a Comment