Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Still here!

Taking a break from packing...yep, at 2 am because it's the only time I have where I am totally undisturbed to get things done.

Homeschooling is going great. The kids have changed a lot in a week. The individual attention seems to be working miracles. I hope it continues and isn't just a honeymoon phase.

Poufy is on meds for her Grave's disease. I can't say I see much of a difference. Unless the meds are changing her behavior and not homeschooling. Who knows?

The house. We have to sell our house in order to buy the other house. We were the only offer before the guy went on vacation but while we were there Friday taking pictures and documenting needed repairs a man showed up and I have a feeling he will be making an offer. I heard him tell his wife he was standing in "her home." I felt such rage, frustration, etc...

We need this house and this guy... from his conversation, it's just him and his wife and he just wants something huge to add to his huge arrogant ego. I'm trying not to be bitter but really. There are no other one story homes (to accomodate Hubs disability) with so many bedrooms (one for each kid) that is in our price range. I am at a loss but keeping my faith that God will see this through. He knows what we are going through with RAD kids and he knows how much we really need this.

I've sent e-mails to investors hoping they will swoop down on our house. We are offering it cheap. Especially since there is a planned extension that will lead straight into ABQ right past our house. An investor could rent the place out and then cash in once the extension has been built because Lord knows they are going to want our property. Hubs has it mapped out to about 4 houses from our house. We wish we could hold on to it, but finances won't allow us to qualify to keep both. Bummer.

But I'm willing to let go and move on because I am trying to make this work with the kids. I really am. I think separate bedrooms will make such a difference.

Anyhow, Hubs is doing ok. He went in to see the doctor. She wasn't sure if he has gallbladder issues, an ulcer, or severe heartburn. She did x-rays and took blood and there weren't any indications of a gallbladder problem nor an ulcer. She had already prescribed him heartburn meds. She has him on a low fat diet but she's worried he could lose too much weight too quickly. He's allowed to try more fats but if he gets severe stomach pain again he has to go in for surgery because then it has to be his gallbladder. I'm worried.

My job hours have been increased to what I had before. They made a mistake with Hubs case and in my frustration and anger, I suggested Hubs write to "his people" ( Hubs spends hours writing letters to politicians and signing petitions, lol) so he wrote Governor Richardson and he came through and fixed things for Hubs temporarily. I'm proud of Hubs for taking a stand.

Our first Girl Scout meetings (long story) went well. I have another one this week and I have to confess, I am not ready. But those little Daisy girls are sooo cute.

Well, I better go, we've gotta get the house on the market this week. Please keep us in your prayers for the sale of this house and the purchase of the other. We were able to secure a loan that would allow us to borrow the money to fix it up even.

Hope all is well with everyone :-)

1 comment:

Kether said...

are you still "still here"??
Its been over ten days since you posted you were still here.
Hoping you're ok.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...