Things have been hectic with the sale of our house, the offer on the other house, home school, Girl Scouts first meeting and uh, their first sale (already!), catechism, etc...
They all were going to wrap up quite nicely last night. At least I thought. I was ready to post all about it until the shit hit the fan around 9 pm.
Actually, the whole day sucked. I wasn't feeling all that great and Poufy decided she wanted to go on a stealing and lying spree at about 6:04 am. The boy also decided he hadn't been an asshole for too long and let loose. Then CDQ made it her mission to bitch and whine and scream alllllll day just because she felt like it. Literally.
I had been working on getting all the Girl Scout orders into the system when my exhaustion, tummy upset, etc... hit me. I put it aside because I figured, hey...I'm ahead. It'll be ok. I tried to take a nap...but note the above going on. So, it didn't really happen. I mean I was finally dozing off when The Oldest let me know she had to be to confession in 15 minutes because she serves tomorrow (today). Lovely... oh and her shirt isn't clean, even though I washed every frickin' piece of clothing that was in that laundry room.
This past week we had an appraisal done on our home. I thought things were going just swimmingly. It was done Thursday. We are looking at a possible closing date on our house in 10 days. So like the second week in October. That's fine.
We had placed an offer on the other home and it had come back, so we just gave them exactly what they wanted in terms of offers and conditions. I just wanted the deal done already. The person selling the home seemed content and excited to get this deal done and over with. Last night as I was returning to finish up the last 5 of the Girl Scout orders I had to input. I get an e-mail from the realtor of the house that we placed an offer on. There's been a price change... WTF! They've increased the price by $10,000. 00 this pisses me off to no end because I already offered them EVERYTHING they asked for. AS IS. TOTAL ASKING PRICE, etc... I call my realtor who doesn't know what the hell is going on either because as I said, they told us they were totally with us and ready to get this deal done as well.
I'm not going there. I hope it was an error but if it wasn't. I already have another house in mind. Which costs about $50,000 less and is only about 1,000 sq feet smaller. We'll have to build a wall to split one of the gigantic rooms to have 6 rooms and we will have to install an elevator but hey! look! We qualify for about $70,000 more than what that house costs and we qualified for a loan specifically for fixing up a home either to make it livable if it's really bad or to make it accessible for Hubs.
The other house was huge. It would be nice but we went in and took pictures of everything that needed to be fixed. When all was said and done, we submitted 190 pictures of individual problems. I wasn't too worried about it because we had the money for the repairs. Besides the whole time I've felt like it's truly been left in God's hands for this whole housing thing. But raising the price by $10,000 is just unacceptable. It's shady.
At any rate, after that, I finally sat down to enter the last 5 orders for GS. But wait there is a new e-mail, maybe I should see if it's an e-mail from our realtor or the other one saying it was a mistake. GULP! No. It's an e-mail from the GS product manager telling us we've all been locked out of the ordering system, thanks for participating...good bye.
Then I died.
I frantically e-mailed her, telling her I royally screwed up, thought we had until 9 pm the next day (today)..pppppllllllllllllleaase help me. *send*
Then I got all bitchy myself and was like wait just a minute. It said the 28th at 9pm. Three calendars, three wall clocks, my cell phone and my laptop are telling me it's the 27th. I find her e-mail and it DOES say the 28th at 9 pm.
So I fire off another e-mail. Your e-mail says I have until 9 pm tomorrow. *send*
No response.
crap.
It has to be ok. It just has to. Right? Poor Hubs. He got the total tirade. Houses, kids, Girl Scouts, etc...
I decided not to post last night because I was trying to avoid this here very kind of post. lol
But whadda ya do when this is it? This is what it is?
I mean it sucks and it's not the end of the world or anything...
I did get the Girl Scout stuff done and turned in. It was an error on the other lady's part. (Thank you God!)
I'm still exhausted, feeling slightly better and I have a First Holy Communion meeting to go to in about 5 minutes.
I'm ok. I will survive. Hubs is ok, we think. He's still on a low fat diet. We think he might have a hernia now. Who knows? Everything came back fine for gallbladder and ulcer but he still has some trouble every now and then.
Hope all is well with you. I'll try to post more often.


2 comments:
I hope the buying and selling goes through quickly.
Sounds like quite a time of it...I'm sorry...*hugs*
By the way, since you met their asking price and such as soon as they turned down your initial offer, they probably figured you're desperate and that's why they bumped up the price. Just pull out, and they'll probably come back down. Or you can go with the other house :) I agree, totally shady people!
I'm sorry it all seems to happen at once...
Post a Comment