Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

What??? You didn't know?


Apparently the deal in CDQ's head is once you get your period you are a woman.

So, all this time (almost a week), she's been strutting around telling everyone but the Hubbins and myself that she is a woman.

I killed that noise really quick and then she turned around and attacked the oldest by yelling at her that "she (the oldest) wasn't a young lady". The oldest was in her room studying and came out with a bewildered expression. She had no clue why she was being attacked. I'm afraid I couldn't tell her why either. Whatever. The girl has lost her mind. I did find it amusing that the oldest's comeback to that accusation was "I never said I WAS a young lady." hehehe

I explained to her and everyone else on the block that maybe when she is out on her own paying her own bills, with her own place and her own transportation... then maybe she could consider herself a woman but even then it's still up in the air because in my eyes it's not blood or age that makes you a woman but your maturity level. So there! Nanny nanny boo boo!

I will admit...there was a part of me that wanted to give her the whole wacko-you-are-an-unclean-sinner and are "cursed" breakdown and how she must be especially evil to get hers so soon but I couldn't do it. My feminist within just wouldn't let me go that low. lol

Instead, I told her she was 9 and still just a child, a little girl...just like everyone else and of course she tried to kill me with her eyes. I don't know about the rest of you but I have very low tolerance for that type of thing. Very low. It's going to be an interesting 9 years to say the least.

Glitter Text Generator

2 comments:

Story of our Life said...

My 9 (almost 10) yr old has had pubic and under arm hair for over a year. We've waited with nails bit off and still are waiting...

Hang in there...

Love Ya, Gala

Miz Kizzle said...

That's some scary stuff. My daughter was twelve when she started. I was thirteen and my mother was (drumroll please)... sixteen.
To be fair, my mom had been ill as a child with rheumatic fever and heart problems and she was nearly forty-one when I was born but still that's a pretty big difference in age in only two generations.
Is this trend going to continue until baby girls go directly from diapers to tampons? Is there something in the environment or in our food that's causing this?It's just weird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...