Madi's first bath at home.
Yesterday was Madigan's first vet appointment. He has a bit of a hacking cough, so we suspected kennel cough.
He was so well-behaved he impressed everyone there. When the vet asked for a sample. He obliged. (Outside in the dirt area of course)
So, the receptionist said she would take the sample and asked me to show her where it was. Boy was it stinky.
Fast forward to this morning's phone call
Receptionist: Madigan has (some word I don't know). I have antibiotics waiting for him.
Me: What is that?
R: It's a protozoan.
Me: What is that?
R: It's a protozoan. I've had pets who have had that before.
Me: Still wondering what the hell that is...
R: I thought I smelled it when I collected the sample. Can you hold a minute?
I hear her answer the other line and ask them to hold... then she comes back:
R: I put my finger in what was left behind and apparently my dog likes it too.
Me: EWWWWWW!!!
R: So, I don't think you'll have a problem giving Madigan the medicine.
M: The medicine?! OH! *giggles*
Yep, I thought she was still talking about the stool sample. I know my eyes must've been huge saucers starting with the whole "I put my finger in what was left" LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment