Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It seems like every time...

I come here it's to say I am still here, still blogging, still breathing.

Ok, sorry about that. Typed the one line and Purries decided it was her turn with mom for some kitty love. Poor girl. It's 3:30 am and she comes to bitch at her mama for not being around.

Anyhow, things are hectic for me. I'm in my third week at the community college and my second week in med school. I'm having some troubles with an instructor. Well, I'll just outright say it. He's an asshole. It's an online class so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but I've revised that. Definitely an asshole. I'm doing fine in the class but I could do without his smart ass remarks because I am trying to get some clarity from him on his ambiguous expectations and I guess I'm expecting too much because I expect him to like, answer questions and um, TEACH. I don't like his condescending attitude. He comes across like he's talking to a 2 year old. I have three degrees, one of which I completed online. This isn't my first go around the block, if you know what I mean?

I'm still working, still homeschooling, still...

My RA and fibro are in check (or they were as I type this but you know the internets and all that jazz.)

The kids are straggling a little in homeschool this week. Rather I should say the girls are straggling a little. Which I expected since they don't have anyone to crack the whip. lol! Actually, Hubbins is supposed to take over homeschooling for me. He's been working with them. Here I pause to chuckle because Hubbins has no clue. Hubbins if you are reading this, you truly don't.  The material yes, but how the curriculum works, uh uh. It's ok though. You'll get it. I was still trying to get it when my own school started and I can't really say I have a firm grasp on it now.

We are using Sonlight and it can be very... confusing. I know it will get easier as we become accustomed to the schedules but there's a lot to shuffle before you find the path. Lots of goodies to integrate. That could be said for any curriculum though.  The boy, however, is soaring in math. He's floating on cloud 9 around the house because I already had to place an order for his next set of math books that will be the identical workbooks Poufy is working in.  By the end of this week he will have completed the two workbooks required for 1st grade and will be sliding right in beside his sister. To say he is excited and pleased is an understatement. Poufy on the other hand not so much. It's the kick in the pants she needs to get going and it's the boost the boy needs to give him self-confidence because he still has none. Win-win.

Other than requesting a necessity allowance and allergy meds for CDQ, I've heard nothing. This month I switched the kids insurance to a different provider that will take effect November 1 and I'm terrified it is going to mess things up for CDQ. I don't know how switching works but this particular insurance is directly from the hospital and providers in the area.   The other one was from the competing hospital but they've gone downhill and they are paying out to the insurance I just switched to, which makes me think that is why they (insurance) are trying to cut CDQ's services short. It's not like the big names (BC/BS, etc...) that can go anywhere. However, this particular association has more services that benefit all my children, Poufy's endocrinologist and CDQ's facility being just two of the main reasons and the new hospital that is 20 minutes from my house. I'm hoping the switch will restart CDQ's eligibility but I'm scared to call the center and let them know too soon in case it doesn't work out that way.

My heart is heavy and still hurts when I think of CDQ. I drive by the center where she's at on my way to school and my school is actually the building right next to where our former therapists work.  It's a constant reminder of all that has happened and all that I am working toward. Not that any of it has faded away.

As usual, I have so much to say and so little time to say it. I have some posts in drafts that I am working on. I want to remember my first steps on my journey towards my medical career (I was shocked the first time one of my instructors said that...what medical career? lol). I had to order a laptop so that I could work when I'm away from home.  Maybe I can squeeze in some of this stuff.

I will leave you with this memory that I have been holding onto tightly. My kids are sitting around the kitchen table. We've just finished our spelling segment and we are moving into music. The kids had to learn the Ocean and Continents song and Stars and Stripes Forever. I told them if they passed they could play instruments as they sang along to it, one final time. I have the instruments laid out on the table, they all passed and are eyeing each wooden instrument weighing their decisions. I decided to play each song twice and let them switch through the instruments.  Each child has carefully chosen and every time the music starts up.....they suddenly start tapping the bongo, shaking the tambourine, etc... to no particular beat at all. None of them have rhythm and they were all doing their own thing. LOL! I tried to teach them to count and clap out beats. Holy-moly.  It was the funniest thing ever. I wish I would have recorded it but I literally didn't want to leave to get the camera. I didn't want to miss a second of it. It was loud but they loved it. Their laughter was the true music on that day. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...