Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Keep the changes coming...

I won't lie, I am S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D! I am trying to control it because it's not bad stress it's just overwhelming. But RA and Fibro don't seem to care what kind it is.

We got the priming done in the girls room, except for one wall.  The girls had told me they wanted a purple room and I chose a sample called "Iced Purple". We tested it and all three of them loved it. I was surprised at how easy it was, so we went and got two gallons of it and are looking at getting that done tomorrow. The oldest got her hair cut while we were out and I will post that some time soon.

I was looking into buying a triple loft bed system for them and just as Hubbins was about to pay for it, I casually mentioned that maybe we should measure the room and what were the specs on it? UGH! It won't fit. The thing is a monster, which we should have realized with all the shelves, dressers, etc...so then we looked at triple bunk beds but um, all any of us could picture was a sandwich of kids since we could only find the triple bunk beds online and not see them in person. I don't know how sturdy they would be and my kids are tweens/teen already.

So, now I am looking at these metal loft beds that have shelving and a desk underneath. We think we can fit three of them in the room plus three dressers. That way each kid has a space for their computer and to do their work and still has room to play and make a space of their own. *phew*

The boy's room will be so much easier, but isn't that the way with everything?

Homeschool curriculum is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. 6 Boxes! 235 lbs of education! Are we excited!?!? Hell yeah! Am I scared?!?! You betcha! I was shocked when I paid that bill...but if it all works out I'll have most of the curriculum and only need to buy a few things for the oldest and SS over the next two years to complete the 8th grade curriculum and the 10th -12th grades. I finally decided I wanted a preset curriculum rather than piecing it all together myself and my kids (well with the exception of the boy--yet) LOVE to read and oh THE BOOKS that are part of the curriculum have them SO excited and the fact that they will be in their correct year of school and still have a safety net should there be some blank spaces that need filling makes them even more excited. I have high hopes for this curriculum and plan on sharing our selections and progress with it over the next year.

Finally we are getting a new extra huge refrigerator. It's supposed to be delivered on Saturday. CDQ broke both refrigerators and I had fixed them the best I could. How did she break both refrigerators, one might ask? Well, I was a fool. See when Hubbin's and I moved in there was a refrigerator here and we had brought one with us that we put in our laundry room as a spare. Well, when CDQ broke the first one, I figured it was just she was rough with things and it was an accident and moved the broken one to the laundry room and took the other one out. I explained she couldn't be so rough with things and of course she nodded like a bobblehead as it went in one ear and out the other. Then she promptly had the same accidents with the second one and no, I still wasn't wise yet and continued to trust her. It wasn't until I caught her talking to herself trying to pry the window sill up in her bedroom and heard her muttering that I didn't want her to destroy the house, so she was going to destroy it that I finally realized the truth. I'll be honest, I still had times where I trusted her and was screwed for it. I never seemed to learn with her.

Anyhow, there are going to be some MAJOR changes around here. Interestingly enough, they have nothing to do with CDQ unless something happens with the RTC stuff.

I'll post about things as they come up because a) I don't want to jinx things, and 2) I'll know things for sure by then.

In the meantime, I am trying to remind myself to just BREATHE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...