Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Extra

It was a simple slip. One "extra".  Most of the time I catch it as I'm putting out the "extra" dish or placing the "extra" item in the cart.

Such a small, simple thing.

She said, "Do you want pizza?"

I looked at her confused, after all where was this pizza supposed to come from?

She said, "There is an extra one."

I was so confused. Extra? How? One of my kids did not eat their pizza? Impossible.

She noted my confusion and then the recognition flashed across my face. I said no words but she said "You still buy five of things sometimes. It's only natural."

I turned away and stared at the now too bright computer screen. My mind repeating what has become a broken record that is stuck on repeat when I think of this child. "It's not my fault", "I did everything I could.", "It's what she wants."...and on, and on...

Sometimes the days are filled with "extras".

2 comments:

Seven From Heaven said...

This must be so hard for you. Hang in there.

Donetta said...

hi
just thinking of you. spent some time here reading back. bumpy road you have been on. Hard to flee those ruts. Me too.
your alright girl, your alright. life is hard there is beauty there in those silent spaces between the roads traveled alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...